We've been playing UF since November 1st, 2009 and recently completed our 459th game. UF is a team oriented, competitive and fast paced game for adults and older kids. We play most weekends and occasional evening games mid-week. Games are capped at 26 players. Occasionally, we run a tournaments.
UF is not a league; there is no commitment to play. If you decide to play, you simply confirm when you can and then show up. It's a great workout and a fun time with friends. Sportsmanship, teamwork and fair play are the most critical components of UF and a must for anyone who decides to compete. We have a code of conduct and we're serious about it.
For night games, we charge $5 to cover the fees for the lights and any additional money goes to our charitable efforts. Once a month, we'll have a GRATEFUL GAME where players are asked to contribut $5 each for charity.
In 2014, we raised just over $7,100 to help the Lazarex Cancer Foundation (www.lazarex.org). That money was raised through optional player donations. In 2015, we raised $2,500 and provided 112 ($5,000) worth of microloans across the world through www.kiva.org. In 2016, we donated $2,750 to the City of Hope, $3,000 to Heifer International (6 cows), $500 to a local science teacher, $500 to Contra Costa Group Homes and $500 to Groceries for Seniors in San Francisco.
To learn more and get on our invite list, e-mail, call or text Aaron Davis at email@example.com or 925.323.9409.
How we play:
1. If you don't know how to play, we'll teach you. Everyone is welcome!
2. Good sportsmanship, safety and respect for the game rules is absolutely non-negotiable. Ultimate Football is meant to be be fun and competitive for all players.
3. We start and end each game as friends and we treat eachother with respect. We help eachother on the field and we keep the comments positive and we involve everyone in the game.
4. We show up on time, ready to play and we keep our status updated if our plans have change.
5. Hope to see you on the field. Ultimate is great fun and exercise!