Under 35s Fun Message Board › Event RSVP's

Event RSVP's

Yander
Yander
Sydney, AU
Post #: 2
Hi everyone,

This is a general note for all activities, following discussions with a number of organisers for this group.

Please if you have RSVP-ed Yes for an activity, make sure you really are planning to come and not hoarding the spot until the last minute only to change your mind and opt out. The waiting lists for a number of events have been rapidly growing for events that can only accomodate a certain number of people and we often get no shows (I might also add consistent no shows from certain members) that means that someone who was available to come then missed out on a place. A lot of our events get repeated regularly, there will always be another chance to come and join one of the groups fabulous events!

Also a minor annoyance that has cropped up regularly in discussion with a number of other organisers is the small number of members who consistently RSVP 'No' to just about every event. I will be quite frank here when I say we organisers really don't care if you're not planning to come - we're only interested in knowing who IS coming to an event.

In short - only use the RSVP buttons if you are planning to come to an event!

Thanks for your consideration!
Arthur
user 11351503
Sydney, AU
Post #: 18
No shows are much worse...meetup seems to be plagued with them! Sometimes only 1/3 of the stated number end up attending to an event, and that really sucks from an organiser's point of view.

In short, if one says YES they should turn up!