The last micro game jam was a success. Let's do it again!
A small team created a great little game in about 7 hours. It was awesome. Of course, there will be ongoing tweaking to handle the finishing touches, add extra features or deal with bugs. But the general concept was up and running fairly quickly and it looks good.
So, now we know some of things we need to work out beforehand in order to speed up the process and make it even more fun:
- Coordinate the file sharing protocols before the event
- Download "sourcetree" on your laptop (free)
- Send an email with your preferred email address
- Get plenty of sleep the night before and eat a good lunch
- Bring a set of headphones if you want them so you can focus
- Bring some snacks (not cheesy puffs!) and something to drink
- There will be more tables and chairs (we needed a few more)
- We should order more pizza and get it earlier in the day
- If you have a game or concept you want to pitch, get it ready
- Think about the parts of a game you really want to work on (game controls, GUI, music, art, splash screen, etc.)
Note: For general information, please look up the last event that was on March 29th. (address, map link for directions, things to bring with you, etc.)
More details to follow as we get closer to the day of the event...
We will probably showcase all of our games at the next WAUUG meeting on April 21st at 6:30 pm. This is the "Washington Area Unity User Group" and can be found on meetup.com by typing "Unity" in the search. Join if you haven't yet. It's a great meetup for people interested in Unity3D.