Houston Unity Group Message Board › New Austin studio seeks Technical Director
Drumleaf is moving from New Zealand to Austin and looking for key talent to join our team! Our vision is to grow resilience in kids by helping them connect with their creativity early in life. Our first game, Star86, is a browser-based 3D MMO where kids use music to explore, create collaborate and share. We’re taking what we’ve learned to mobile platforms, and are looking for a senior developer to guide the end-to-end development of our mobile and PC products to support millions of players worldwide.
The Technical Director is responsible for all aspects of development on both the client and server. You will lead a team of programmers to deliver world-class products and technical innovations in the field of gaming and digital media.
Position Type: We're offering a fixed contract for planning phase, converting to full time by mutual agreement when we greenlight
Send Resumes To: Kevin Browne, CEO, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Work with the executive team to help define a product roadmap.
· Design, develop and document systems and features for current and upcoming products.
· Leading client and server-side implementation of game infrastructure.
· Implementation of ancillary functions (either via integration of platform SDKs or third party packages, or developed internally) such as Registration, Buddies List, IAP, etc.
· Identify and review task risks, recommend and help implement mitigation and contingencies.
· Participate in internal and external meetings to contribute feature and service ideas.
· Review and suggest improvements to other programmers’ systems.
· Prepare, monitor and manage task schedules for programming in conjunction with Game Producer as appropriate.
· Provide assistance in investigating issues around bugs and bad performing features
· Tool development and feature refinement of the platform and game systems.
· Deployment and support of both web and mobile games.
· Liaise with external service providers as required.
· Coach less-experienced programmers and internal users as needed.
Skills and Experience - Required
The applicant should have significant experience in most, if not all, of these areas:
· MMOG or multi-player development (ideally, 3D) - both client side and server side
· Mobile development for iOS and/or Android
· C# up to latest versions, at least four years of commercial experience
· MongoDB and database schema design
· Network communications (e.g., socket servers, RPC, threads & locking)
· Team leadership in commercial game development
Skills and Experience - Desired
The following skills and experience would be very helpful for this position:
· Familiarity with Agile Methodology
· 3D Client engines (strong preference for Unity)
· Microsoft .NET technologies: ADO.NET, ASP.NET, WCF, EF, LINQ and TPL
· Transaction processing (in-game, credit card, third-party systems)
· Patch management and deployment
· Cloud computing
· Game analytics tracking and reporting
· System monitoring and performance
· Strong communication skills and team-orientation
· Designing and/or programming games for children
· Programming of multi-tier, multithreaded applications
· Enjoy playing online and mobile games