THE PURPOSE OF THE GROUP
“Life takes on meaning when you become motivated, set goals and charge after them in an unstoppable manner.” Les Brown.
The purpose of this group is to empower you to break free from what holds you back so you can achieve your WORK and WELLNESS goals. What holds you back? This group will help you transform:
- fear and self-doubt into CONFIDENCE and COURAGE
- procrastination into DETERMINATION
- perfectionism into EXCELLENCE
Here's a link to a radio show interview that will give you a feel for my approach to being an unstoppable woman and breaking free from procrastination: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/tamaragerlach/2012/10/17/become-unstoppable-with-shannon-d-silva
THE THEME FOR 2015
The theme for 2015: LIVING YOUR LEGACY! What does Living Your Legacy mean to you?
With the theme in mind, the purpose of each meetup is to help you 'live today the way you want to be remembered tomorrow'. To guide you in Living Your Legacy, we will utilize the virtues from an incredible program called The Virtues Project™: http://shannondsilva.virtuesproject.com. This body of work is designed to empower you to live a more authentic, meaningful life.
Our commitment is to offer a variety of meetups to help you Live Your Legacy:
- MONTHLY MEETUPS that gives you practical SUPPORT and lasting INSPIRATION that help you practice and deepen your understanding of the virtues and how to apply them to your life so you LIVE YOUR LEGACY. These are scheduled the 2nd Wednesday of the month in Campbell
- CONNECT EVENTS that allow you to connect in ways that make you feel SEEN, HEARD and VALUED. They are designed to help youstart meaningful conversations with the women in the group and share who you are and what you do in a way that feels natural and authentic. These will be scheduled on select Wednesday evenings.
- APPRECIATIVE LIVING LEARNING CIRCLES that are 4-week, 90 minute classes that are PROVEN TO HELP YOU GET HAPPIER. You’ll discover how to QUESTION YOUR STORIES about what is going on in your life, and learn powerful exercises you can use to TRANSFORM DIFFICULT SITUATIONS. You'll explore a simple 3-STEP APPRECIATIVE PROCESS for handling problematic situations and relationships, and creating what you most desire in your life. Coming this spring!
- WORKSHOPSthat give us a chance to go deeper into a topic and engage in EXPERIENTIAL ACTIVITIES to gives us an opportunity to PRACTICE WHAT WE ARE LEARNING. These will be scheduled on select Saturdays.
- INTERACTIVE BOOK GROUPS that give you an opportunity to engage in SELF-DISCOVERY in the community of like-minded women. It’s always a different experience when you are reading book and get to share your insights with others. In addition to helping you strengthen your ability to communicate with others, interactive book groups offer FUN, DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES, and ACCOUNTABILITY so you apply what you are learning.These will be scheduled at various times throughout the year.
- VIRTUES CONNECTION CALLS FREE TELECLASSES that are your invitation to awaken and DEEPEN YOUR CONNECTION with the virtues that GIVE DIRECTION TO YOUR LIFE, NURTURE YOUR RELATIONSHIPS and empower you to Live Your Legacy! These will be scheduled at various times throughout the year.
This Meetup is Perfect For Women Who:
- want to CONNECT with inspiring, fun and creative women
- are procrastinating about making a change in their life
- are in transition and unsure of how to move forward
- have BIG dreams and are ready to take that first step in making their dreams come true
The VIRTUES we live by and how they are integrated into our Meetups:
- OPENNESS - communicating in a way that makes you feel seen, heard and valued.
Listening with an open mind and heart with the intention of getting to know the other person
- COOPERATION- working together for a common goal, calling on the different gifts we each have to offer. Sharing from your experience to create a safe environement so that fulfilling and meaningful conversations can unfold and inspire you to get 'in action'
- SERVICE - being a contribution to the lives of others through your words and actions
Building a powerful support team of women who share their values, goals and interests
- INTEGRITY- taking 100% responsibility for your life and your results.Taking inspired actions as a result of participating in our meetups and holding yourself accountable to doing what you say you are going to do, by the time you said you are going to do it
- EXCELLENCE- giving your best to any task that you do and being committed to personal growth.Participating in the meetup experience with the intention of learning skills, strategies or habits that will propel you forward in achieving your dreams
Which virtues speak to you?
The Mantra of the Unstoppable Woman - I Walk the Path
I am vibrantly, boldly alive - actively participating in my life as my authentic self
I Walk the Path...
I am a catalyst for joy, transformation and creative self-expression
I Walk the Path...
As a leader, I STAND WITH integrity, confidence and courage ...and I STAND FOR service, cooperation and excellence. I walk the path
As a woman, I share my wisdom, I take initiative, I embody strength, and I live with enthusiasm
I know who I am, and I know my place in this world.
I Walk the Path... of the Unstoppable Woman!
Are you an UNSTOPPABLE WOMAN? Are you ready to step boldly into your greatness and walk the path of an unstoppable woman? If so, we want to meet you! "Never doubt that a small group of people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." ~Margaret Mead
Visit our FaceBook Group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/unstoppablewomensv/. The intention of this member-only group is to allow members a place to gather and engage in between meetups. If you're not sure if something is okay to post, please ask for permission so our community stays grounded in authentic connections and does not become a self-promotion platform.
Check out our website: http://unstoppablewomensv.org
Hi, my name is Shannon D Silva. I'm theFounder and CEO of Unstoppable Women of Silicon Valley. My specialty is helping women achieve their work and wellness goals by transforming self-doubt into CONFIDENCE and COURAGE and procrastination into DETERMINATION.
I share my message through workshops, wisdom circles and retreats. I am a Facilitator of The Virtues Project, Appreciative Living Learning Circles and A Pace of Grace Learning Circles. I am also professionally trained as a Certified Self-Discovery Coach and a Dale Carnegie speaker. My philosophy is to 'teach what I need to learn'. I've been happily married for over 20 years and my hubby and I have 2 boys (cats).