Come hang out with us at the 21st annual Loch Norman Highland Games! This is one of the most unusual and fun annual events that Charlotte has to offer. If you have never been, come see what you have been missing!
You can expect an amazing variety of events, including: sheepdog trials, piping band competitions, scotch whiskey tasting, battle-axe throwing, caber tossing, and traditional dancing, as well as a variety of Celtic apparel and cultural items to peruse. There will be interesting and unusual Scottish rock bands, complete with a bagpiper working it! Did I mention, there will be lots of people in kilts drinking Highland beer and having an amazing time? Come join us for this amazing event!
More event info: http://www.ruralhillscottishfestivals.net/
Tickets: You can buy them at the gate. $20 for adults, $7 for kids 5-12, free for under 5.
The Rural Hill Scottish Festival and Loch Norman Highland Games is a family oriented event presented by Historic Rural Hill that offers something for everyone, Scottish or not!
What is there to do?
- Children’s games and activities
- Live Traditional and Celtic Rock music from seven national acts throughout the two day festival! Plus a Saturday Night Celtic Jam featuring all seven acts on one stage!
- Genealogy Search: Find your family roots with the assistance of the Council of Scottish Clans and Associations (COSCA), the Tartan Museum, and Family Tree DNA.
- Over 30 Scottish Clans and their representatives.
- Piping and Drumming with sanctioned competitions and massed band performances
- Highland Dancing with sanctioned competitions
- Scottish Country Dancing
- Ultra Trail Five K run
- Professional and Amateur Heavy Athletics
- Food Vendors
- Merchandise Vendors
- Historical Encampment
- Long Bow shooting competition
- Battle Axe throwing competition
- Climbing Wall
- Sheepdog Trial Demonstrations
- Whiskey Seminars
- And Much, Much, More!
The event schedule for Saturday:
Following Opening ceremonies:
The Kilt Dedication in front of the Clan Henderson Tent
Celtic entertainment begins in the Music Tents
Professional Scottish Heavy Athletics competition
11:00 am - The Scottish Country Dancing Tent opens with dancing until 3:00 pm
Carolinas Open Premier Highland Dancing competition begins
12:00 noon - Heavy Stone Lift & Carry
Massed Pipe Bands performance.
12:30 pm - Flag Retirement Ceremony on the Main Field
1:00 pm - Single Malt Whisky Seminar at the barn in Dogwood Glen
1:30 pm - Sheep Herding demonstration
Long Bow competition
1:45 pm - Registration closes for Amateur Wrestling
2:00 pm - Pipe Band competition begins on the Main Field
Amateur Wrestling competition begins
Women's Amateur Battle Axe competition
Scottish Country Dancing for beginners until 3:00 pm
3:00 pm - Men's Amateur Battle Axe competition
4:00 pm - Ferguson Rifle demonstration on the Main Field
4:30 pm - Presentation of Medals & Awards for Pipe Bands & Scottish Athletic competitions
6:30 pm until - Celtic Entertainment in the Chief's Tent