addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The Urban Homesteaders' League Message Board Urban Homesteading Questions › Mass Garden Troopers

Mass Garden Troopers

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi, does anyone know how to contact the state garden police? I was looking through the rules and I need a permit to grow several types of Asian vegetables. They are considered an evasive species in the south so you are required to get a permit (it is a pretty hefty fine for not having the permit). But when I called the state they have no idea who can issue them. None of the people they referred me to returned my call.

Iris W.
Wenham, MA
Post #: 91
Try contacting the ag program at UMass Amherst or Essex Aggie in Danvers. Try MA Hort, the master gardeners program. Is there still an extension service? What about contacting a reputable, privately-owned nursery or garden center, don't they need to know the regs?

I like the evasive species name. I know you meant invasive, but evasive makes you think.
Powered by mvnForum

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy