The Urban Homesteaders' League Message Board Urban Homesteading Questions › Mass Garden Troopers

Mass Garden Troopers

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi, does anyone know how to contact the state garden police? I was looking through the rules and I need a permit to grow several types of Asian vegetables. They are considered an evasive species in the south so you are required to get a permit (it is a pretty hefty fine for not having the permit). But when I called the state they have no idea who can issue them. None of the people they referred me to returned my call.

Iris W.
Wenham, MA
Post #: 91
Try contacting the ag program at UMass Amherst or Essex Aggie in Danvers. Try MA Hort, the master gardeners program. Is there still an extension service? What about contacting a reputable, privately-owned nursery or garden center, don't they need to know the regs?

I like the evasive species name. I know you meant invasive, but evasive makes you think.
Powered by mvnForum

This Meetup is community funded


Member dues are used to:
  • Cover Meetup costs
  • Have a reserve fund

60 day free trial

No credit card required

After the trial you must pay dues to be a member of this Meetup.

Cancel dues at any time.

Dues are billed each year.

People in this
Meetup are also in:

Sign up

Meetup members, Log in

By clicking "Sign up" or "Sign up using Facebook", you confirm that you accept our Terms of Service & Privacy Policy