addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

The Urban Homesteaders' League Message Board Homesteading Partners › Anyone interested in Indigo and/or silk dyeing?

Anyone interested in Indigo and/or silk dyeing?

A former member
Post #: 1
two ideas:

1) playsilks! They are used in waldorf schools and home environments, for dress up or free play.. basically large colored silk scarves in rainbow colors. I have dyes, including some pre reduced indigo that I am itching to try out, and i was thinking if anyone else is interested in making a set of these for their children we could go in on the fabric together (bulk prices are cheaper!)

OR 2) if you have some clothing or fabric to play with and you want to try out indigo dyeing and resist patterns, I'm totally open to that too! I have enough indigo dye for 15 t shirts or equivalent. so 2-3 people, with a few things to dye each, i guess?
A former member
Post #: 14
Hi Aleah!
Bringing me back to the old tye dying days of yore. wink How is it different...or is it? Could you post some pics of your work or a website where I could see some samples? Sounds like something my daughter would love!

Jeff