addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Urban Farms and Survival Phoenix Message Board › Dehydrating food

Dehydrating food

Karlene
user 4913857
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 60
Is anyone here dehydrating foods? I am looking to start dehydrating veggies and wondered if anyone could recommend a good dehydrator.

TIA,

Karlene
A former member
Post #: 1
I use a Nesco one at home, but if you are going to be doing large volumes, I hear that the Excalibur ones are the way to go.
Karlene
user 4913857
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 61
Thanks for the reply. I will check out both of them for sure. At the moment I do not think I am going to be doing large volumes but one never knows till the crops start coming in.

Karlene
A former member
Post #: 73
I have a big dehydrator and canner. When I have a lot to do, I *really* appreciate their size.

Dehydrator: http://www.amazon.com...­
Canner: http://www.amazon.com...­

Whatever you do, get something quality made.
Janel H.
user 12420435
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 48
Does anyone have experience with a solr dehydrator? I would love to have something in the home that does not require electricity to run. So some canning is good, but dried goods are the best. We learned about travel cakes today at DBG preschool class. Can't wait to try that out!