Urban Farms and Survival Phoenix Message Board › Valley Homestead....

Valley Homestead....

Jason
user 7742982
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 12
I plan to attend the June 14 meeting, so don't hesitate to inquire then or email about the following!!... See you there!... I am actively looking to get a homestead started. I have a couple of folks who are with me, on this. A woman in CA who intends to move out here in the fall and a young college aged guy who is in Tempe. That makes 3 of us, but we would love to open it up to 2 or 3 more - adults with the intent of growing a self sustaining little 'oasis'. The intent is to find a larger bit of property, in the valley, still close enough for those who need to commute. We would ideally like to pool together talents, working towards growing a sizeable heirloom garden, possibly brewing beer, or even working on wine - although that might take getting the grapes started. Ideally, an LLC would be the most appealing option. Paying a nominal monthly 'due' of say 25 or so to accumulate a house fund for projects - solar, water purification, etc. My thought is to can and store away veggies and possibly selling surplus at local farmers markets, when the weather cools off - I heard of a homesteader who made about 4K in just selling surplus tomatos. Throw this money back into the LLC and help grow the community! Maybe even work on creating a homestead business, online, etc. What say you? Anyone interested is encouraged to reply or send me a direct email. Thanks for reading this out and for your sincere replies, in advance... Jason
Karlene
user 4913857
Phoenix, AZ
Post #: 79
Hi Jason,

I realize that you posted this a couple years ago but just wanted to touch bases with you and see if you all had got something started or are you still looking to do this?

If you have created your homestead would you mind an update to share your journey here with us?

Thanks,

Karlene