addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Urban Farms and Survival Phoenix Message Board › Start your garden!

Start your garden!

A former member
Post #: 5
My garden is starting. Planters are almost all in place. One truck load of dirt has been purchased and loaded in the planters. Have to wait for a break in the weather to plant some cool weather seeds.

what is everyone else doing?

Janine
A former member
Post #: 7
Sadly haven't gotten started yet! Although, my egg cartons are all gathered to do starts. Just moved so still getting settled.
A former member
Post #: 2
We have two grow boxes built and most of the compost we'll be filling them with but need to buy seeds and get things rolling! Looking forward to some great homegrown produce this year.
A former member
Post #: 1
well, i got the planter built and the dirt and compost bought a long while ago. i planted a few things, but they died due to lack of watering. i want to plant veggies, and so i imagine that means that i need to redouble my efforts on my watering duties, which is ok with me. either that or just plant cacti. to be honest, i started to suggest a meetup for a garden design party at my house but then i started thinking maybe i could just get suggestions from some of you guys. more pertinent details are that my planter faces north, is on the second floor balcony of my apartment and walls protect the planter on the east and south. after looking at my planting guides, it looks like the things that would be the best to plant right now would be turnips, tomatos, spinach, collard greens, broccoli, brussel sprouts, prickly pear ( actually this wasn't on my veggie planting guide, but its something i would like to grow). my planter measures 6' x 3' x 18". please provide me with suggestions and if you feel a meetup is necessary to do this right,let me know. btw, ive been trying to get through square foot gardener to help me out. i just dont get why its so important to have the grid. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP!