|Sent on:||Monday, February 11, 2013 4:15 PM|
SAVE YOUR GUN RIGHTS!
TUESDAY & WEDNESDAY
FEBRUARY 12TH & 13TH
*On Tuesday, February 12, House Bill[masked] (
http://www.firearmsforcolorado.org/doc/2013-MagazinesHB_1224.pdf ) and
House Bill[masked] (
are scheduled to be heard in the House Judiciary Committee, at the
Colorado Capitol, in the Old Supreme Court Chamber. HB[masked],
sponsored by Colorado Representative Rhonda Fields of Aurora (D-42),
would ban magazines that hold more than ten rounds. HB[masked],
sponsored by Colorado Representatives Rhonda Fields and Beth McCann of
the Whittier Neighborhood & Curtis Park, in Denver (D-8), would
prohibit and criminalize the private transfer of firearms.
How many of our liberties will be lost in a year from now?
Think about how you will regret you did not get involved.
Join us in Solidarity! Come to the Capitol to Testify, or for Moral Support
* Entrances to the Capitol are on the north and south sides.
* Do not wear a political t-shirt, no political buttons, etc. You
will be expected to take your hat off. Dress business casual or
* You must go through a metal detector;there are no gun boxes.
* We will have at least two activists meeting you around 8:00 a.m. in
the Capitol cafeteria each day. The cafeteria is in the northern
portion of the Capitol. (Bill will be in a tan suit. There will be a
FirearmsForColorado.org' sign on the table.)
* We will head to the Old Supreme Court Chamber at 8:45 a.m. on the
second floor of the Capitol.
* There are bathrooms on the north end of the Capitol, adjacent to the cafeteria.
* Folks from the Colorado Firearm Coalition will be there, so if you
have contacts with them, you should arrange to meet them in the morning.
* If you are going tomorrow or Wednesday, and you need to connect
with your contact first, please email
* Sign-in if you want to testify on the 'against list.'(There will be
two lists--for and against, make sure you sign-up on the correct one.
*On Wednesday, February 13 House Bill[masked] (
will be heard by the House Education Committee, at the Colorado
Capitol, upon adjournment in the Old Supreme Court Chamber, around
9:15 a.m. HB[masked], sponsored by Colorado Representative Clare Levy
of Boulder (D-13), would repeal the current right to carry a concealed
firearm for self-defense on a college or university campus.
), sponsored by state Representative Lois Court of Bonnie Brae, Polo
Club, & Cherry Creek (D-6), would require law-abiding citizens to pay
a fee(or gun TAX) for a background check when purchasing a firearm.
Once this 'fee' is instituted, they can increase it until it makes
purchasing a gun prohibitive.
HOW TO PREPARE
* Read the Bill! Below you will find links to the four bills. Read
the first two pages, which are generally the content of the bill.
* Decide whether you want to testify.
* If you do not want to testify, join us anyway, for moral support.
* Prepare a three minute presentation.If you testify you will have
three minutes. Organize your thoughts in an outline. Spend a few
minutes practicing within a three minute limit.
* Bring bottled water.
* If you bring food, you cannot eat it in the hearing room. These
proceedings will take hours, so consider your comfort and wellbeing.
There is a general run down of the bills coming our way:
What Else Can Be Done?
There are several new legislators on these committees.
They have never had to deal with an avalanche of emails, phone calls, and activists attending their hearings.
We need to OVERWHELM them with emails and phone calls.
If you cannot go to the Capitol this week, please call and email these new legislators.
They need to know that gun owners are diligent and will not stand for gun registration (Beth McCann's bill).
[address removed] - John Buckner - HD 40 Arapahoe -[masked]
[address removed] Justin Everett - HD 22 Jefferson -[masked]
[address removed] Mike McLachlan - HD 59 Four Corners Area-[masked]
[address removed] Lois Landgraf - HD 21 El Paso -[masked]
[address removed] Joseph Salazar - HD 31 Adams -[masked]
[address removed] Brittany Pettersen - HD 33 Jefferson -[masked]
[address removed] James Wilson - HD 60 -[masked]
[address removed] Dave Young - HD 50 Weld -[masked]