addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Denver's Urban Survival Network Message Board Announcements and Updates › The Future of the Group: Your Input is Requested

The Future of the Group: Your Input is Requested

A former member
Post #: 9
Any one hear whether we are meeting tomorrow after the gun show or not??? Like Paul Simon says - "...What's the plan, Stan..."
A former member
Post #: 10
This is duplicate post - other is on meet up for tomorrow at Tanner Gun Show - seems 11 people showed interest in a meet up for tomorrow - haven't heard anything back on what the plan is - am suggesting we do a informal meet up as has been suggested - would really like to meet and greet before the year is over.

If there is still interest in meeting - what about same time as suggested 6 PM at the Taco Something on 58th St - know it is short notice - but repost confirmation in a post here or on meet up schedule so we can see if there is any interest and who will show up.

"..I'm not sure what's happened - been waiting for update - there seems to be 11 folks that have RSVP for this meet up - what say we still do informal meet up after the Tanner Gun Show tomorrow as suggested - instead of a meeting room - there is a Taco John's or Taco Something in front on 58th - that way we don't have to move our cars - can walk over to it. Post if attending - otherwise it will be another month - Jan 28th - hate to lose the time and interest. Will post in forum too..."

Jack M
user 10653793
Aurora, CO
Post #: 14
Yea--I've been waiting on this too. I do have to work tommorrow but I can be up that way at 6. I'm not going to the gun show--I went to the one a couple weeks ago and spent more than I should have.
I don't think that Taco Johns up there has much of a dining area so I don't know if we can meet there or not
A former member
Post #: 11
Jack M - was thinking given the last dash notice it would be less folks and we could take over a couple of four tops- you have been the only one to respond at this late date - no reason to come out of your way for a you and I meet. So, guess no meet up this month.

Professor, just received the post for another meet up for a gear market - how about an explanation on what happened to today's meet. Per the post, there were 11 members that RSVP'd for Tanner. Besides setting aside the afternoon for this event, I emailed you the day it posted offering my home, just several blocks from the Denver Mert Mart, as an alternative if not enough attendees to justify a meeting room. No follow through on my e-mail or on this meet-up.

Professor, it is appreciated you jumped in when the site was posted as being available. However, reviewing past meet ups and posts and seeing those in regular attendance and contributors, there was no way this site was going down. You were the first, I believe there are others including myself. For this Meet Up site to flourish it needs attention and that takes commitment and time. Time is a commodity and some have more to spend then others. It also takes input from it's members. Here's mine.

Input about the future of the group. Love your ideas -ex. Gun Show- genius. Follow through - not so much. For now, I'm going back to lurking status and see what happens.
RPL
user 11061190
Denver, CO
Post #: 2
Agreed, i think this is a needed asset for many people. I think people have become burnt out on groups because they appear to only want to make money off of them, (I am not saying this group is). If a large group can not be set, why not several small groups. We need to see each other eye to eye. I am usually available Sunday thru Thursday. I know we are all busy, but we need to try. Also i believe we should start with an open forum and see where and what the needs of the questions take us.

Please contact me directly, or post your thoughts on meeting.
redpackleader@yahoo.com
A former member
Post #: 10
There isn't time to 'lurk' or 'wait and see'. The only way to find out if I fit with a group is to be there and participate. I'll be at the Tanner show around 4:30 and I'll go to the Taco 'something' afterwards. My new look is a Brown Leather, Australian hat and I've grown a 'trimmed' beard. I'll be wearing several "utility belt" items including my new survival tool prototype. Come up to me and say "Hi". I'm Jack Jobe, the Walk About Prepared™ guy.

Remember: the more-people we 'help' or awaken to preparedness now, are less-people we'll have to battle for supplies later.

SecretsToSurviving2012.com­
Learn 1st Aid - in an Emergency, you are your Doctor.
A former member
Post #: 7
I will probably be at the Tanner Gunshow at the end/after around 5-6pm.
I am a short white male, I will be wearing a Green Skull / Death Spade tee shirt and a MultiCam baseball cap.
I hope to see you all there, and discuss the future of this (or an alternative) group, and staying in touch.

Thanks
Travis
A former member
Post #: 12
Thought about what was posted about lurking - so showed up at the Taco Something at 5:45 and waited an hour. Sorry to have missed you.
A former member
Post #: 4
I showed at Taco Johns at about 18:15, traffic on I-76 sucked cuz of construction. So was this meet a scratch? Please let me know because I drove down from Greeley.

Sy
A former member
Post #: 11
Thought about what was posted about lurking - so showed up at the Taco Something at 5:45 and waited an hour. Sorry to have missed you.

The show ended at 5 and I went to the Taco John's. I ordered and ate dinner. I wore my Hat and made eye contact trying to get someone to approach or signal for me. Nothing. I probably finished and left about the time you arrived. I apologize for missing you also. Let's make this work for Many of Us the next time - 2012.

Be Honest, Be Excellent and Be Prepared!