Denver's Urban Survival Network Message Board Denver's Urban Survival Network General Discussion › denver source for food storage gear?

denver source for food storage gear?

A former member
Post #: 1
Is there a source in the Denver area for such things as food storage buckets etc?

I want to avoid Home Depot buckets because I read that they are not necessarily food grade.

Here is a description:
https://www.usaemerge...­ Storage - Plastic Food Storage Buckets

thanks,
Roger
A former member
Post #: 2
You may want to check out Ferris Survival. I guaranty if they don't have them, they will know where to get them. The guy who owns the shop is very knowledgeable! My husband and I always stop in there when we are in that part of town. They have a limited website, but you can get their address, phone and store hours there.

www.fsurv.com
A former member
Post #: 9
Depending on what you're looking for, you might also want to check out www.repurposedmaterialsinc.com

They're here in Denver and sell used barrels, IBC Totes and other containers that might serve a purpose for you.
Dave R.
user 32631412
Denver, CO
Post #: 10
You may want to check out Ferris Survival. I guaranty if they don't have them, they will know where to get them. The guy who owns the shop is very knowledgeable! My husband and I always stop in there when we are in that part of town. They have a limited website, but you can get their address, phone and store hours there.

www.fsurv.com
Bob Is a good Friend of mine have done a lot of business with him over the last Decade. He will be attending Mays meetup for sure. If he dosnt have it he will get it.
matthew m.
user 47420592
Broomfield, CO
Post #: 3
Bakeries and delis will give you 5 gallon food-grade bucket when asked. Just pick up some gamma seals because the lids are only good for a little while because the seal has been broken. Hand warmers are O2 absorbers, but they are only 200cc so you have to use 2 or three.
April Otton G.
april.creative
Denver, CO
Post #: 4
Bakeries and delis will give you 5 gallon food-grade bucket when asked. Just pick up some gamma seals because the lids are only good for a little while because the seal has been broken. Hand warmers are O2 absorbers, but they are only 200cc so you have to use 2 or three.

Yes, the other day I walked into my local King Soopers, went back to the bakery and just asked. They gave me two 3.5 gallon buckets with handles and lids. The buckets originally held donut glaze. I could have had plenty more, but that was all I needed at that moment. They said the health dept makes them *throw them away* every day. This means dozens and dozens of perfectly good food grade buckets going into landfills! You do have to wash them out and sterilize them yourself. Gamma seals are probably a good idea for long term storage of food items. Or you could use heat-sealed mylar bags. Or use the buckets for non-food items. Free for the taking seems pretty good to me!
A former member
I would highly suggest a company called Emergency Essentials, they are not local but they have everything you could possibly need for long term food storage. I use all of their products and they are very reliable and have an awesome customer support area should you have any problems.
April Otton G.
april.creative
Denver, CO
Post #: 5
I would highly suggest a company called Emergency Essentials, they are not local but they have everything you could possibly need for long term food storage. I use all of their products and they are very reliable and have an awesome customer support area should you have any problems.
Our family has ordered quite often from Emergency Essentials. They are a pretty good one-stop shop, though their shipping is quite high and their quality is spotty (you get what you pay for). Their food storage buckets, liners and gamma lids are competitvely priced, but not the cheapest, by far. Suggest that if you do order from the Internet, rather than scavenging or buying locally, shop around first. Here's a link to EE's food storage supplies page:
EE's Food Storage Supplies
A former member
Post #: 1
Almost any cost food or restaurant will gladly give you their old buckets in which food came in.
A former member
Almost any cost food or restaurant will gladly give you their old buckets in which food came in.