addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Denver's Urban Survival Network Message Board Denver's Urban Survival Network General Discussion › finding some better venues

finding some better venues

A former member
Post #: 10
It seems that there's a mix of desires for these meetups. While I'm content just socializing with other preppers to improve networking, others want more structure and I'm trying to think of a venue that might meet all the needs. Ideally, someplace where we could watch a video of something on topic, like The Power of Community (on Cuba's Peak Oil crisis after the Soviet money stopped flowing) or something on permaculture, etc. and that can lead to either some talks on the subject, small group discussion, or just socializing.

Any ideas on venues that are a better than just a bar? Something with some privacy, but able to accommodate 20-40 folks, meet comfort needs for drinks, chairs, tables, etc.?

Just tossing it out there. I'd love to get some ideas flowing for more venues for the larger group and possible more small group events in our own areas of town. It's sure easier to talk in a group of 5-7 at a table in a bar than a group of 35-40 like last week.
A former member
Post #: 3
Even something like a park (or one of the state parks) would work well for this. I don't know if anyone has a projector, but you could easily set one up in a gazebo. A bar is nice for socializing, but we can't always get a sitter and people look at you funny when you bring a baby into a bar. wink

I also like the idea of smaller group meet-ups for those in other areas. Was there any success with creating the membership list to identify smaller areas?