A former member
Post #: 4
Hey gents,

Not sure where this will all go. There are a few organizations throughout the country like these...
- http://zombiehunters....­
- http://www.myspace.co...­

I like the concept of preparedness, I like not taking things too seriously and of course zombies are flippin cool. Even before I heard of such organizations zombies seemed like an apt metaphor for 'the worst case scenario'.

I'm highly google-able but a little about me anyways...
I was in the Marines for 4 years as an infantry rifleman. After that I got a degree in computer science. I've been a software engineer for a little over 10 years, primarily doing Java development in telecom, I'm big into open-source. I'm something of a gun-nut, nothing too extreme though (you only have so many hands).

I'd like a group focused on learning from each other. I've done a ton of reading, preparing. I'm interested to hear what others think.

Later,
matt
user 9486066
Wheat Ridge, CO
Post #: 1
a little about me i worked as a ranch hand and did some construction until i found my true calling as a gunsmith. and im ready for when the zombies come i do alot of survivalist stuff and im a pretty good shot if i do say so myself.
Brian F.
user 9628212
Denver, CO
4 Years in the USAF...Trained Aircrew how to survive if they crashed, also inspected survival gear installed on Aircraft. I like the outdoors and being prepared for when TSHTF. I also like technology, botany, and mycology. Mushrooms don't need light to survive! I am also apart of a 4x4 club and I love my guns. I can teach basic survival skills and I would love to discuss what others have in their BOB and EDC. I love camping and hiking.

"Zombies took my job"
A former member
Howdy all,

I've actually met Demian face to face, and he's a decent chap.

Me, I'm a prepper, I do the gun thing (I'm an 01 FFL), the reloading thing, canning, hiking, first aid, gardening, and whatever else strikes my fancy.

I've hosted several prepping activities at my home and sponsored several group shooting/camping outings with other like minded individuals.

I've spent a lot of time and energy prepping for the undead, I have the years of food, I have the tens of thousands of rounds of ammo, what I'm looking for now is the social network of preppers. Mutual assistance. Organization. And having that network in place BEFORE it's needed.
David
DavidKamau
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Hey everyone, I am happy to see that this is cruising along well. Like many of us I am still a little new into the disaster preparedness field, but I am happy to see so many people here with very different levels of experience, and more people joining each day. A bit of background on me is that I market and recruit for a large financial services company, so I am hoping to bring some of those skills here to expand our network, and bring us together more and more.

I was an amature MMA fighter through college winning 5 out of 6 fights, and I studied sports therapy so I have plenty of first aid and injury knowledge. I have my CERT certification through FEMA which I encourage everyone to look into, and I started freestyle running at the begining of this year (which is freakin awesome)

I'm looking to share what I know and learn from others.
Curtis Quico R.
user 13369180
Denver, CO
Hello all. Just joined today, and it seems expected to give a friendly personal intro/bio, so here goes. Just the relevant stuff...right?

• Project Manager in software environment.
  • Married a Venezuelan woman the year Chavez was elected, and have watched a formerly successful and peaceful society deteriorate first-hand. This began to heighten my sense that "it could happen here."
  • Big game and small game hunter. Experienced outdoorsman. No Cody Lundin...but I can get by in the wild.
  • Starting a "collection" of useful firearms. Nothing too fancy, just the essentials. I'm quite familiar with them and competent...not Annie Oakley...but I can pretty much hit what I'm aiming at. I've got enough ammo for a short period, but not years. Slowly stockpiling.
  • I got interested in the prepper mode over the past few years. Far more interested now and am reaching out for the first time to others for guidance and ideas.
  • So the question is...what next?

A former member
Post #: 20
Hi I am Louis:

I served for 5 year in the US Army as an 11B infantry and now am in the Army Reserves as a 37F PsyOp, I am also a Deputy Sheriff. I am always trying to learn new skills and refresh my current ones. Due to emergencies like Katrina and the one in Japan I learned that as a Law Enforcement officer I am required to protect your families but no one is required to protect mine.
Allen
user 18188071
Denver, CO
Hi, I'm Allen. I was introduced to the group by a friend. we meet up with David and a couple of others and had a good discussion.
A little about me... well, I'm a Marine. Blew out my knee and came back to the civilian world.
I've always had the mind set of "I will survive" and that I wont be a victim.
There is really only 1 person that you can count on 100% of the time to give 100% to you... and that's you. each and everyone of us has an obligation to ourselves to be mentally and physically prepared. That's one of the key components. having that mental frame of mind that "I will get through this".

I have done conducted some classes on firearms and have been asked to maybe teach some classes, starting with a beginners discussion.
A former member
Hello everyone.

I'm a former law enforcement park ranger, six years as a military police officer, with some camping/hunting/fishing/outdoors experience growing up.

I'm interested in preparing for the inevitable disasters that the world might throw at us, including natural/weather disasters, chemical disasters, pandemic diseases, civil unrest, rise in crime and terror.

While I'm interested in weapons and protection, it is only a PART of my overall plan. It doesn't matter how much ammo I have if I don't have enough food, water and shelter.

I'm practical, a detailed planner and a Christian. I will avoid becoming one of the "sheeple", but will lend a hand when I can. My first priority is my family, and that's the biggest reason for my interest in prepping and survival.

Let's have some meetings!!
MtnBear
user 43651062
Conifer, CO
Post #: 4
Howdy everyone!

Just a little about myself.

I'm currently a motorcycle tour guide, and spend about 7-8 months of the year out on the road somewhere! As such I have extensive (about 15 years) experience with people from all over the world (93 countries so far), and their attitudes, cultural morays and norms and world views. This has also given me a great insight into being in a leadership position, group dynamics and "Group think", possibly very useful in the future.

I have been training in various martial-arts for more than 25 years now, including (but not limited to), Tai Chi, aikido, hapkido, karate-do, jujitsu (Brazilian and Japanese), kendo, kenjutsu (japanese sword), kyudo (Japanese archery), budo-taijutsu (bujinkan ninpo), archery, mounted archery (horseback), european fencing and weaponry and just about every other martial art that looks appealing to me. This also includes firearms as well. I am not an active "gun-nut" but I have what I need, and very competent with what I have. I love shooting, and have studied it in detail…I have even gone so far as to make my own black powder (in very small quantities of course). I love practicing with my modern firearms as well as black powder weaponry (great for when you run out of conventional ammunition, can you make your own brass casings, primers and powder?).

I have never served in the military (I tried, but was medically rejected due to fused bones in my feet and ankles…grew up around quarter and draught horses…they step on your feet occasionally…didn't heal right…some B.S. about me not being able to march long distances), and always had an interest in tactics and combat. To placate my desire I got heavily into playing paintball out in the woods (woodsball as we call it, not that sissy arena paintball crap) about 15 years ago and have always played with either active, former or retired military people. It's a lot of fun and great for honing combat skills. The LAST place I would ever want to be is in real combat, only as a very last resort! Maybe get some of us together for some paintball sessions…campout as well?

I have always had an interest in being prepared, and for the past 20+ years I've always had a bug-out-bag handy. I've always made sure to have a couple of month's food on hand, just in case of an emergency! Now that I will be buying my current house I have decided it's now practical to begin some more serious prepping, and would greatly welcome anyone's advice and recommendations on just about everything prep-related. I am trying to do this on a VERY limited budget, so any advice and help would be greatly appreciated.

Unlike many like-minded people I'm not as concerned with one particular potential catastrophe, but would like to be ready for just about anything humankind or nature can throw my way. However in the past 5 or so years I have noticed several developing aspects of humanity that have led me to become more concerned with where our fragile society is heading. It includes, but is not limited to national and world economy/fiat currencies, foreign policies of nations, natural disasters, energy policy's reliance on petroleum and peak oil problems, political instability and ineffectiveness and our over-reliance on modern technology (wait…I'm on a computer…aah the irony).

I'm not a doom-and-gloom type of person, quite the opposite…I'm an optimist. I love to meet new people from all walks of life, cultures and societies, enjoy their company and laughing a lot in the process…in short LIVING LIFE! Conspiracy theories are great entertainment…based on a sliver of fact…but nothing really worth paying too much attention to. In my limited experience with humankind I have come to the conclusion that we, as a species, are irrational, temperamental, emotionally unstable and occasionally very, very violent. Even though we have some laudable qualities as well, I prefer the saying "Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst". I think this about sums it all up for me.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone and exchanging ideas on prepping, as well as learning from and teaching others needed skills.

Until next time, take care and keep on preppin'!