addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Denver's Urban Survival Network Message Board Denver's Urban Survival Network General Discussion › Can someone explain the Zombies terminology?

Can someone explain the Zombies terminology?

A former member
Post #: 7
Not familiar with the term Zombie in connection with survival stuff. Can someone explain that to me. And maybe the photo on this group..."God Hates Zombies"

just learning,
Brian F.
user 9628212
Denver, CO
Post #: 25
I would watch "Shawn of the Dead" Great Zombie / Survival Movie!
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 4
That is a great question and I love it... The pic is left over from when we were the zombie eradication team, I'm gonna change it here soon, I think I finally found a good one... God may or may not hate zombies. I don't really know...

Metaphorically speaking, the neat thing about Zombies is they represent the worst possible disaster situation that could ever happen... If you are prepared for a zombie outbreak you are pretty much prepared for everything. Now this is when most of my friends say "David, zombies don't exist, quit being weird" and that's a valid point, as Zombies are currently about as mythical as werewolves and vampires...

Literally speaking though, if you think about it, the world has been hit with outbreaks of all sorts of diseases, from the black plague, to small pox, to mad cow disease, that have decimated cultures and civilizations. Everyday, diseases evolve and change, getting more effective at killing, or almost killing people. It is possible a new disease could pop up and create a very zombie like person.

Also, biological warfare is changing the way our enemy's fight us, and how we fight our enemy's. There are plenty of ways nerve toxins and gases can be released triggering terrible changes in a massive population, creating hoards of mindless enraged people. Would that technically a "zombie?" If it's trying to kill me... I don't really want to be arguing semantics.

Also science is doing some pretty interesting things with stem cell research and such, this is an interesting article I found, http://blog.taragana....­ who knows how somthing like this could go wrong?

What does everyone else think about Zombies?
A former member
Post #: 9
Biological warfare.......maybe that is why there are supposed underground city under the airport in Denver? I wonder if that is true, and if so....what is the gov preparing for?

So are people on this site preparing places of refuge outside of Denver?
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 5
Interesting... So I'm not exactly a conspiracy theorist, I do think there are a lot of things we're not being told, but I hadn't heard the DIA thing before so I thought I would check into it...

I think there are some interesting points, and some large leaps of logic... but here are both sides in a convenient youtube format

For the conspiracy
Part 1­
Part 2­

Against the conspiracy­
Brian F.
user 9628212
Denver, CO
Post #: 26
Zombies are fun to think about but not fun (in theory) if you have to deal with it.

When I think of Zombies, just like David, I think of the worst possible scenario, but unlike David, i think Zombies will be anyone who didn't prepare and are walking around like a zombie trying to loot, cause havoc, maybe trying to harm you or loved ones for necessities. Not everyone will know what to do, the best you can do is be prepared, have a plan, practice that plan, be prepared for that plan to not work so have a backups.

Here is a quick run-down of what I have learned in the Military.

-Biological Outbreak people with scramble, loot, horde, basically revert back to more basic insticts and will not hesitate to kill for necessities. Military will be called in, FEMA, CDC, local and state police.

-Nuclear Incident is more localized to the affected area + fallout area, still same overall breakdown in social structure will happen, every alphabet agency will be called. Power outages from EM radiation, possible water outages.

-Chemical Attack, pretty much same thing

-Natural Disaster, etc ***FEMA has been given power to enact "Emergency powers" and "continuity of government" plans. I will try to find credible sources for this. I don't think they have been used, but I know the plans are in place for something along those lines.

Natural Disasters are what we should be concerned about, loss of electricity service, loss of water service, breakdown in communication, food, clothing, shelter, first aid, sanitation and protection. Getting a good platform of knowledge and practice will ultimately be the most beneficial. Once you understand the core concepts of survival you can begin to build on that with tips and tricks and survive in your own way. Patience and Common Sense will get you a long way, never panic!

A note on Practice: You don't want the first time lighting a campfire or your first time setting up a tent to be in a do-or-die situation, so get out of the house and learn these things, teach them to your kids as you learn them, you might find they may know more than you, lol. Try living 3 days without electricity or creature comforts. Gradually ease yourself into situations in the wilderness. When is the last time you went 2 days without eating something? Are you really prepared? Do you know what kind of food your body needs to survive in a survival situation? Can you go a week, month, few months like this while the government restores services?

I like to ramble, I hope I don't scare anyone away, but there is alot of info being hidden from the American public nowadays, please take a moment to learn this stuff.
A former member
Post #: 1
You guys make a strong point. It does seem disaster preparedness is a good idea. I for one will be working on my bob asap! Any tips are welcome!
matthew m.
user 47420592
Broomfield, CO
Post #: 4
If you're prepared for the zombie're prepared for anything.