Denver's Urban Survival Network Message Board Denver's Urban Survival Network General Discussion › Meeting for coffee or something like that.

Meeting for coffee or something like that.

Raymond L.
user 9566659
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 1
I was wondering if it is possible for a get together. Posting on here is great but if we really want to network we should meet up.

Anyone with a CCW has had a background check and I people are worried about meeting at a home we can meet in a park or a coffee shop.

Just a thought.

Ray
A former member
Post #: 2
I was wondering if it is possible for a get together. Posting on here is great but if we really want to network we should meet up.

Anyone with a CCW has had a background check and I people are worried about meeting at a home we can meet in a park or a coffee shop.

Just a thought.

Ray

I actually think this is an excellent notion. In the other prepper group I'm in, FTF meetings have made all the difference in making significant progress in prepping and networking, as opposed to just talking about it on the internet (not that there's anything wrong with that).

So, what is our current geographic footprint for members? I'm in Northglenn, so I can hit Boulder or Denver easily. My time fills up fast, so the more lead time we have on this the better.

Regards,
N
Jack M
user 10653793
Aurora, CO
Post #: 7
I'm up for it too.
I'm in Aurora
I'm also self employed and work 7 days a week (when there's work) so a little bit of notice would be cool.

Brian F.
user 9628212
Denver, CO
Post #: 30
I was thinking somewhere we can setup a fire, say the Adams CO Fair Grounds or Barr Lake, Somewhere we can field test things. If anyone has any suggestions of open spaces? What about a Pot Luck then we just sit down and shoot ideas and plans off each-other. make bug out plans and go over essentials.

Cheers

A former member
Post #: 1
Up for meeting, coffee shop is good, park, etc. I like Starbucks biggrin
Jack M
user 10653793
Aurora, CO
Post #: 9
Good idea Brian but I would think it might be better to get some folks together and see where everybody's at before we do a field trip --just my thought
I do know a back way into the south side of Chatfield. I was out there a few years ago doing some skunk wrestling and I ran into a whole camp of dudes--all camoed up --doing a weekend field trip. I hung out with them for a few minutes--good folks.
I also know of a good spot in the Pike Nat forest that is not too far from town and it's remote and has a small natural spring.
In my case however--I'm more into bugging in than bugging out. I care for my wife who is bedridden and I'm just too old to go pushing a wheelchair into the wilderness LOL.
PLus I think that 99% of the folks who BO with no BOL in mind will be dead within a week.
That's why I think a meeting just to see where everybody is at would be cool. Some folks may be more into bugging out while others may be more into bugging in--then we could plan some meets according to what is desired.

I'm not a Starbucks type but I've been there twice.
With all the stuff in the news about them allowing open carry--that could be a good place to support.
Not that we should open carry there but just to support a place that allows it-(except for Denver and Arvada which bans open carry). IMO--open carry is just asking for trouble--at least in an urban environment.

But yea--just a place for everybody to meet and discuss philosophies would (IMO) be a great place to start
David
DavidKamau
Group Organizer
Denver, CO
Post #: 9
Alright! Sounds like we have a good crew started! Sorry it took me so long to jump into this conversation. It sounds like somewhere near Denver would work for everyone, is anyone against a Sunday night mid-April-ish?
Jack M
user 10653793
Aurora, CO
Post #: 10
A Sunday night in Apr will probably work for me
Raymond L.
user 9566659
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 2
I am in for that
Brian F.
user 9628212
Denver, CO
Post #: 33
Sunday 4/11 is good, so is the 25th for me. I am off every thursday and friday.