Join us for Uchaguzi Training. If you want to use the Uchaguzi platform and contribute to the online election monitoring team, then join training. Learn more about Uchaguzi from our blog.
Please note change of date from Monday, February 25th to Tuesday, February 26th, 2013. The Kenyan Debates are on the night of the 25th, thus the change. We hope that you can join us on Tuesday instead. If not, fear not. We will host other training sessions in the coming week. We apologize for the inconvenience and hope you will join us on the new date, same time, same location and same mission!
This is one of many training sessions in the coming weeks! More is more!
18:00 Event starts
18:15 Demo of Platform and Explanation of the Team process.
18:30 - 19:00 Divide into teams.
19:00 - 20:00 Review & Revise documentation, receive training
20:00 - 20:30 Group discussion
Date: Tuesday, February 25, 2013
Times: 18:00 - 20:30 EAT (note: google ical may give wrong times)
We'll provide snacks for this session.
The Uchaguzi teams:
Join a team
1. Technical Team support (testing, troubleshooting)
2. Media monitoring (Monitor local leaders and community reports, not mainstream news)
3. Swahili and Local Language Team (Translation of SMS and /or Tweets)
4. Reports Team (work with coordinators and verification team)
5. SMS Team (process SMS messages, work closely with Verification teams)
6. GeoLocation /Mapping (assist in the geolocation of reports)
7. Analysis and Research (work on framing the context of reports, visualizing it, sensemaking)
8. Verification team (Local team members and folks with experience mapping)
Stay tuned for documentation which we ask that you review in advance.
Hope you can join us!