Please give a warm Utah welcome to Gavin King!
Pizza and Drinks will be served from 5:30 to 6, Presentation from 6 to 8.
Location Details - http://ujug.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=48&Itemid=55
Ceylon is a highly understandable object-oriented language with static typing. The language features:
• an emphasis upon readability and a strong bias toward omission or elimination of potentially-harmful constructs,
• an extremely powerful type system combining subtype and parametric polymorphism with declaration-site variance, including first-class union and intersection types, and using principal types for local type inference and flow-dependent typing,
• a unique treatment of function and tuple types, enabling powerful abstractions,
• first-class constructs for defining modules and dependencies between modules,
• a very flexible syntax including comprehensions and support for expressing tree-like structures, and
Gavin King leads the Ceylon project at Red Hat. Gavin is the creator of Hibernate, a popular object/relational persistence solution for Java, and the Seam Framework, an application framework for enterprise Java