This is a social and support group for those who have left the LDS church, are struggling with it, or are looking for something outside the predominant culture of the valley. We offer many different opportunities to get together with like-minded individuals to make living in Happy Valley even more enjoyable!
This meetup group is associated with (and shares the same admins as) a "secret' Facebook group that provides for better privacy (meetup.com groups are all visible to the public). If you would like to join the FB group, contact one of the admins.
[NOTE: the following policies are associated with the sister FB group, some of them only pertain to Facebook.]
1. Harassment and illegal activities WILL NOT be tolerated at UVPM events or within UVPM online forums.
2. UVPM events created by admins will be prefixed with “[UVPM]” to clearly distinguish them.
3. UVPM members can also create events within the group that show up on the UVPM event tab/page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/UVPostMos/events/). Note: FB limits the “reach” of events posted by non-Admins.
4. All events listed on the group event tab/page must follow the group policies.
5. All UVPM events must address two questions:
● Are kids allowed?
● Is alcohol allowed?
6. UVPM events must clearly answer the questions, but nuances are allowed:
● “Are kids allowed?” e.g. “Kid oriented event”, “no children below 18 are allowed”, or “any age until 8:00pm, 21+ after 8:00pm”.
● “Is alcohol allowed?”, e.g. “no alcohol allowed”, “beer & wine only”, or “alcohol allowed after 8pm, when kids have left”. NOTE: underage drinking is illegal and will not be tolerated.
7. Other stipulations or “house rules” may be indicated in the event description as well as at the event itself (e.g. “no activities allowed in bedrooms”, “no tobacco”, or “no unsupervised children near pool”, etc.).
8. Links to private events or events taking place outside the group, can be posted to the group, but if it is believed they involve illegal activity, the admins will remove the post.
9. Ultimately, the responsibility to determine if an event fits within your individual situation and / or standards is up to you. If you have any questions, talk with the hosts beforehand.
10. We will try not to schedule [UVPM] activities that conflict with each other, or other previously scheduled events. Private events can be scheduled over other events—but please coordinate with the other host(s) before posting the event in the group.
11. Personal attacks towards others in the group, as well as behavior that is repeatedly strident and contentious in nature that detracts from the community will not be tolerated.
To support these policies, admins may moderate online conversations using the “[MOD]” tag, directly talk with or PM individuals, and if necessary, temporarily ban individuals.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding any of the above items, please contact an admin directly.
Steve Holbrook, Kristindancer, David Pate, Jared Horton, Sarah Combs or Matthew Hildebrand.