'Rockaoke' event is replaced this month by the annual 'Smartlappenfestival'. Classic Dutch songs to which everybody can sing along. More bars in town have bands playing live this whole weekend.
Join or login to comment.
Was at mick o'connells live band
0 · November 16, 2013
on my way
0 · November 15, 2013
Ik haak iets later in....heb nog visite/eters die ik probeer over te halen!
I will be a little later, around 9:30.
Hi Robert, I have some questions concerning "Rockaoke" (even if I saw that it was replaced by a festival this month!):1. can we have access to lyrics when we sing?2. can we ask the band to play a song in C instead of B (for example)?3. is there a kind of catalogue with all the songs played by the band?It sounds really fun and I would love to join next time if available.Enjoy the Festival! Stef
0 · November 12, 2013
Hopefully I can answer some of the questions. (The Rockaoke event will be organized hopefully again in December.) 1. The band has a BOOK with the lyrics. (Leader of the band will help if a singer is lost in the lyrics.) 2. The band looks professional, so they should be able to play in a different cord. 3. Check the bands website http://www.rockaoke.n...
December 14th will next Rockaoke event
Hi Robert, thank you very much for all the info. I am going to try to come on the 14th. Really looking forward to try!!!
Your organizer will be in town Saturday. Either at the Stairway or in other venue with live-music.
Next: Invite friends
This group is for ....
Expats living in wonderful Utrecht. Anyone living in the municipality of Utrecht & beyond. (Nederlanders zijn ook welkom om lid te worden.)
Please add a picture of yourself (not your cats or kids). This makes much easier to find each other during events.
Purpose of the group is ....
To have fun in lovely Utrecht and the surrounding area. Gezellig. Drinking, chatting, mingling & other activities.
What kind of events ....
- Go out drinking at some cafe/pub in Utrecht. (Followed by a club.)
- Festivals in town. There are plenty each year, like beer, wine or jazz festivals.
- Excursions to Amsterdam to explore that city.
- Dinner at restaurants (in small groups).
- Compete in a pubquiz.
- Depending on the group size, hitching/leeching of events from other groups & organisations like meetin, internations, weekendutch, abc-club, etc. (These are not as 'digital' as meetup.com.)
- Visit museums in Utrecht.
- Attend concerts, movies & other cultural events.
- Practise speaking Dutch events for expat members.
Less likely but not impossible:
- Sporting events. (Both watching and participating.)
- Visiting concerts/museums out-off-town.
- Event dates & times won't be limited to just Friday & Saturday nights.
- Possibility for multiple events on same day. Nice to have options. (See next remark.)
- Some event will be self-organizing, i.o.w. the organizer cannot be present. Show up and find each other.
- Your organizer is NOT a tour-guide. Some independence is expected.
Group is open to member suggestions!
1,799 Expats and counting
1,627 expats & counting
601 SMC030 Members
Meetup members, Log in