addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Valley Forge Patriots - Tea Party Conservatives Message Board › Obama's Eligibility

Obama's Eligibility

A former member
Post #: 4
As many if not perhaps most members of this list may be aware, President Obama's USA citizenship eligibility is currently being contested before election officials in the following states: New Hampshire, Georgia, and Alabama. I have read that efforts are currently underfoot to do the same in both Texas and Oklahoma. All of these efforts are being done in advance of the 2012 Presidential Election. The intent behind these efforts are to make President Obama prove his Constitutionally-required eligibility as a natural-born USA citizen, or else he is removed from next year's ballot from the states where he is successfully challenged. I ask this forum; what about here in Pennsylvania? Is anyone aware of any similar efforts now underfoot to challenge Obama's eligibility here? I have heard of none. If not, would perhaps the Valley Forge Patriots be interested in taking up the issue? I am under no illusions that any effort to remove Obama's name from the PA ballot will be easy, as it certainly will not be. And anyone that attempts to try, the push-back from Obama's supporters here will certainly be swift and sure. However, Obama either meets the qualifications of our US Constitution to serve or he does not; if he does not-and I have seen and read enough to convince me that he doesn't- then he has flouted the law long enough. Any thoughts about this, and on possibly going ahead (again presuming that we are not going to step on someone else's toes?) Thanks! George.
Porter
Porter11
Lafayette Hill, PA
Post #: 23
I thought this issue was solved a year ago. Snopes has a full length article, with citations, and counter claims that pretty much is the definitive answer.
http://www.snopes.com...­

Despite this, in 2008, there was definitely a presidential candidate who wasn't born in America - John McCain. He was born in Panama, and not even in the US held territory of the Panama Canal. Nobody batted an eye lash at this. There's a couple other people that go down as a historical footnote in this category, and they're mostly Republican: George Romney (Mitt's dad) was born in Mexico but lived in Michigan. Chester Arthur might have been born in Canada. Barry Goldwater was technically not born in a US state, but it didn't really matter to people.