Vermont Coders Connection Message Board › Systems Architect, Development Manager - Web Systems at Green Mountain Coffe
|A former member||
The Systems Architect-Development Manager: Web Systems provides leadership and guidance to the design and implementation of solutions that contribute to strategic business goals while aligning with the overall Information Systems architecture. This position will ensure the company’s ecommerce and digital presence initiatives are met in a high quality, timely fashion with a continuous focus on best practices for development, testing, and end-user reporting experience.
In addition, this leader will be responsible for overseeing team development, mentoring and driving broad process improvements in the web development organization. This position reports to the Director, Information Systems & Technology, Marketing & Sales Business Systems.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Yes, manage Enterprise Web Development team
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide overall strategic and technical leadership for enterprise web systems including strategy, architecture, design, development, modification and deployment/support
· Prepare and deliver long-term strategic plan for Web development and presence, including standards and guidelines for technical design, based on business goals and input from stakeholders.
· Identify, recommend, and prioritize new Web features and applications in conjunction with business leaders and department managers. Assist with cost-benefit analyses of proposed Web implementations, enhancements, and modifications.
· Manage multiple projects and resources in order to meet date, requirement, and quality objectives for all deliverables.
· Manage a multidiscipline team of software developers responsible for developing, testing and building web applications that meets high standards for suitability, efficiency, usability and utility. Retain, recruit, motivate, manage and lead a strong team of qualified individuals such that departmental goals are achieved.
· Ensure a consistent look and feel across the Web sites, applications, extranets by developing and promoting a uniform Web branding strategy in collaboration with marketing department.
· Continually assess and refine the end-to-end development process, in terms of how the team interacts with one another and how they engage with stakeholders: esp. marketing, sales, and external partners.
· Challenge, elevate and maintain rigorous coding standards through solution and code reviews.
· Work comfortably in highly varying levels of abstraction from business strategy to product strategy to high level technical design to detailed technical design to implementation.
· Conduct research into current and emerging Web technologies and issues in support of Web development efforts. Envision the future: anticipate, identify and articulate opportunities, problems and pitfalls, and work with cross-functional teams to devise solutions.
· Work with IST Infrastructure, Integration Architect, and system DBA on System, Integration, Performance, Security, and Regression Testing.
· Work with trainers, project team, end users and end user support team to develop and implement training and support programs to ensure acceptance and effective use of the new processes and systems
OTHER NECESSARY FUNCTIONS:
· Follows all policies, procedures, ergonomic standards and safety requirements directed by GMCR and the department.
· Performs other duties as requested by management.
· BS or MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or related technical discipline
· Ten + years progressive experience developing highly performing Web, service, and component-based applications and technical solutions; ideally for a multi-channel Consumer Packaged Goods company.
· Seven+ years’ experience in leading diverse teams and technical project management, managing applications developers
· Extensive experience in gathering and analyzing business requirements in order to meet strategic goals and development efforts.
· Excellent knowledge of Web platforms, technologies, protocols, and publishing tools including:
§ Sitecore or other content management systems – especially .NET systems
§ Microsoft Visual Studio development suite and Microsoft Commerce Server; preferred
§ Experience with large-scale applications using design patterns and OO methods and with multi-tier (N-tier) applications
§ Working knowledge of Web servers and application servers
· Proven leadership, with a track record in articulating vision and process, and work environment that inspires performance and personal development.
· Strong understanding of communications, marketing, and customer service principles.
· Comprehensive understanding of applied web standards and compliance, cross-browser support and related best practices Project management/project lifecycle/project methodology skills required.
· Excellent knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
· The ability to work in a collaborative team environment with outsourced vendor is a must.
· A clear grasp of the big picture in business, ability to see across the departments and follow the interaction between departments as business processes are executed
· Positive attitude with ability to work in a fast paced environment
· A passion for learning new technologies, applying technology in the solution of business problems and solving problems to root cause
· Strong attention to detail is a must
· Excellent communication skills, verbal and written
· Ability to work in a professional team environment
· Ability to follow GMCR policies and procedures
· Ability to work a flexible schedule
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
· Predominately sedentary light office position with high frequency of keyboarding/computer work required (67% - 100% of the workday).
How to Apply: