VW Van Owners of Vancouver Message Board › GET TOGETHER

GET TOGETHER

jenny b.
jennybeeW
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 77
We need a get together. I am winter stir crazy.
biggrin BBQ? angryWrench party?

ANY IDEAS?
Jason B.
user 12333821
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 43
Hi Jenny,

Great idea! I just decided to hold onto my westy (and not sell it), so I'd be interested in having a wrenching party. I'll volunteer my place if people are interested. I have space for four vans in the driveway and a 2 car heated garage that vans actually fit into :). It has a washroom and sink too! It's my dream man-cave.

What night / weekend day would work for people? I'm good to go on all weeknights (except Thurs.) or a weekend day. What type of project or repair do people have that would take a night to do? I've got lots of odds and ends to do on my van (of course).

On a side note, my buddy Ryan (a member of our group) just bought an 84' westy as a parts van. Is anyone looking for anything? It is complete aside from the engine.

jenny b.
jennybeeW
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 78
Hey Jason, I have my van completely taken apart right now and can't drive it. I pulled the kitchen to do the seam rust with a new panel so I have the seats out and no seat belts until probably until the 25th. But I'd love to do a little wrenching
Tristan P.
user 61412682
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 4
A wrench party sounds awesome!
I have a couple of protects I'd like to complete. One is a suspension upgrade. Currently I have an '87 Westy that's been lowered. It's great to have it fit in my condo underground but it is a bit too low, it bottoms out in the front. I'd like to do a cutting board spacer for the front to see if that corrects the problem.
I also have the original springs and have toyed with the idea of returning these to the van, I would love the added ground clearance and would eventually put in a limited slip in the rear. My concern is that the van will no longer fit in my condo underground.
I'd love to come out and install the font cutting board spacers for now!
Tristan
jenny b.
jennybeeW
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 81
And, totally jelous of your man cave Jason. I just did all my body work in the alley which would have been way more fun if the weather had been better.
Mike S.
user 12714310
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 25
WOW! Jason, I would love to use your MAN CAVE to remove my engine replace the head gaskets and re-install, but that would take more than 1 night and many cold onessmile
Keep smiling
Mike
Jason B.
user 12333821
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 45
Wow Jenny, you're hardcore! Are you welding out in the alleyway too? I've been interested in welding for a while now, and have finally looked into taking a course at Van Tech. Let me know when you are going to do the bondo and primer. I'd like to see how it's done.

Hey Tristan, let's pick a night to do the spring spacers! I'd like to make a set for my saggy rear end in my 85'. Currently I'm using spring heloers back there which correct ride height AND stiffen the rear end up.

Hey Mike, I'd love to let you take over my garage for that project..but....who the heck knows how long that'll take!

Anyone else out there interested? Tristan, how about next Tuesday (a week tomorrow)?

jenny b.
jennybeeW
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 83
Hey Jason I can bring my welder over some time. Maybe for the wrenching and we can play with it. It is really great to be able to fix metal stuff. angry my welding devil face
jenny b.
jennybeeW
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 84
another thing we could do is have a parts swap
Tristan P.
user 61412682
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 6
Tuesday won't work for me unfortunately. Are you available Wednesday or Thursday (mar 13, 14)?