VanDev: Vancouver's Software Developers Network Message Board › Hiring: Intermediate Java Developer - Global Relay (Vancouver)
Position: Intermediate Java Developer
Job ID: GRDV144,162
City: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full-time
Global Relay (www.globalrelay.com) is the world leader in hosted email & IM archiving, continuity and eDiscovery innovation. We offer the fastest search, retrieval and monitoring capabilities in the world today. Our email & IM archiving and perimeter security technology provide businesses with highly secure offsite storage and backup while satisfying all compliance, privacy, security, business continuity, corporate governance, audit and litigation requirements.
Headquartered in Vancouver's historic Gastown, Global Relay has regional offices in New York, London and Singapore providing leading Message Archiving and Compliance Service to customers world-wide. Global Relay recognizes excellence and provides our team members with endless opportunities for growth and development. We are always looking for intelligent, creative individuals who love challenges of solving real world business problems.
As a member of the development team, you will be responsible for identifying requirements; evaluating technologies; providing comparisons and proposing solutions; designing, coding and writing test cases and documenting components of the architecture.
You will be joining a dynamic team responsible for the development of data migration services for our compliance solutions. A deep understanding of networking protocols, scalability options and performance trade-offs is also required. A thorough understanding and consistent use of development best practices is a must.
• Work as part of an agile development team to write Java code for enterprise services.
• Write unit tests for your Java code.
• Design, in collaboration with team, the software implementations that satisfy business requirements.
• Collaborate with QA in development of test cases for Java code.
• Develop deployment system for Java based systems.
• Document code and document detail designs.
• Collaborate with product owners on user story generation and refinement.
• Participate in knowledge sharing activities with colleagues.
Technical Skills Requirements:
• Minimum 5 years of Java developer experience.
• Experience with agile development methodologies.
• Experience with test driven development.
• Experience with continuous integration systems.
• Experience with dependency injection containers.
• Experience with network protocols such as HTTP, TLS, TCP.
• Experience with service oriented architecture including REST and JSON.
• Experience with multi-threaded programming.
• Experience with design patterns.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document. Save your PDF using the following format to indicate your full name and application date e.g. John Smith (Apr 02 2012); and send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference "Intermediate Java Developer _GRDV144,162" in subject line.
No phone call please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
To learn more about us and other career opportunities, please visit http://www.globalrela...