VanDev: Vancouver's Software Developers Network Message Board › BCAA - Java, C# full-time intermediate developers needed
Hi all, BCAA is looking for Java / C# intermediate developers to work on our JEE systems. See details below and apply for this job here: http://careers2.hired...
Software Developer Analyst (Intermediate)
Job ID 12IS_283
Position Overview BCAA has been recognized as one of Canada’s 50 Best Employers for 2012
BCAA's Information Services (IS) team is hiring a permanent full-time Intermediate Software Developer Analyst (internally known as Software Developer Analyst II or SDA II), who will be responsible for the development and delivery of IS software solutions and support of BCAA business systems.
The SDA II will perform coding and package configuration, which includes enhancements and production break fix and required documentation (ie. test plans including conditions, data and expected results). The SDA II will also be mentoring team members in coding and configuration.
The SDA II is the second of three levels in the Developer career path and works from broad specifications to develop or modify complex software applications. The SDA II designs, codes, tests and debugs software programs and documents and maintains programs. Coding and testing is expected in addition to leadership responsibilities such as providing assistance to junior developers and assisting with the moderately complex situations.
Software Developer Analyst II can spend up to 10% of their time performing Business System Analyst or Architectural tasks.
Key Responsibilities Include
• Designs, develops and documents parts of a complex and comprehensive product suite.
• Produces code within quality and coding standards.
• Develops an in-depth understanding of our current product and provides ideas for improvement of the product.
• Architects and implements programmatic data flows and user interfaces.
• Integrates other team’s software modules.
• Conducts implementation and unit testing for assigned work packages, may also conduct integration testing.
• Participates on project teams.
• Participates in design reviews.
• Provides time estimates for assigned development.
• Troubleshoots production issues.
• On occasion is available for off-hours release support.
• Carries out other related tasks and projects as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications Education: Degree or Diploma in Computing Science
Experience: 4 to 6 years code integration in an application development
Technical: RDBMS (ORACLE, SQL, DB2), Java, J2EE, or C# .NET, Shell Scripting, JBoss, Message Oriented Middleware
• Demonstrated ability in the development and analysis of technical specifications
• Demonstrated ability in design and architecture modeling including UML
• Troubleshooting methodologies
• Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
• Experience in more than one IT discipline (eg development and one other area such as database or network)
• Project coordination, planning and/or management
• Experience in leading/mentoring junior developers
• Experience with the Agile approach to software development
Functional Area IT
Job Status Regular Full Time (RFT)
Branch/ Location Head Office (Burnaby)
Compensation & Benefits Overview At BCAA, we offer competitive compensation packages and excellent career advancement opportunities. To find out more, ask the hiring managers during your interview.
Did you know: BCAA's Maple Ridge Service Centre "recently received the ICBC Broker Performance Top Achiever Award for the second consecutive year making them one of only two ICBC Autoplan Brokers in the province to do so."