VanDev: Vancouver's Software Developers Network Message Board › Wanted: Senior Software Developer
Wanted: Senior Software Developer
Company: Nerd Corps Entertainment
Department: Software Development – Corporate
About the position:
The Senior Software Developer is a talented technician with several years of experience and is interested in web-based application development for complex and challenging environments.
The Senior Software Developer is a part of the newly created, small, fast-paced software development team working on creative solutions to enhance our business processes for our management team using web-based applications. As a key member in the team, the Senior Software Developer oversees all the technical details and systems planning to make sure that the systems can be delivered on time and with quality.
The Senior Software Developer has a passion for creating scalable and innovative web-based applications. This experienced individual is proactive and possesses a broad knowledge of modern web technologies and involved in building complex, reliable tools using a web interface.
Responsibilities and duties:
• Work closely with the Project Manager to analyze, plan and design the web-based applications used by the company to enhance the business processes
• Provide analysis and recommendations on technology choices
• Write technical design documents and diagrams for the projects
• Work closely with the development team to make sure that the systems can be delivered on time
• Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications for junior programmers
• Act as a mentor to the team members on technical issues or obstacles
• Perform code review for the development team
Qualifications and experience:
• B.Sc in Computing Science or equivalent experience
• At least 5 years of industry experience on developing web-based applications to provide business solutions
• Solid foundation with software development methodologies, data structures, client/server paradigm and object-oriented paradigms.
• Strong SQL skills and knowledge of relational database design. Experience with MySQL is preferred.
• Extensive experience with MVC development framework
• Experience with Agile development process such as Scrum
• Experience with UML
• Knowledge of internet security and best practices
• Understanding of web services (REST and SOAPWSDL)
• Ability to write elegant, readable, maintainable code
• Must be a team player and have the ability to mentor a team
• Ability to execute on a project efficiently with limited or no supervision
• Superior troubleshooting and problem solving skills
• Quick learner with excellent organizational skills and strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize in a fast paced environment
• Keep up-to-date on industry best practices and technology
The following skills are not essential but, would be a great asset:
• User Interface Design experience
• Experience on automated testing
• Good knowledge of networking skills and technologies
• Knowledge of C++, Java, Ruby or Python
In keeping with our focus on attracting and retaining great people Nerd Corps’ goal is to produce high calibre creatively diverse projects in a dynamic and supportive environment that promotes growth and camaraderie. The greatest asset of any company is its people and at Nerd Corps this philosophy forms the cornerstone of our vision for the future.
Located in beautiful Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, Nerd Corps offers its employees the opportunity to experience the diversity and culture of one of the world’s most vibrant cities. The studio is situated within a 30 minute drive of three ski hills, several pristine beaches and countless hiking and mountain biking trails with breathtaking views of the Pacific Ocean and the coastal mountain ranges.
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter stating your expecting salary and explaining why you feel you would be a great fit:
itrecruiting @ nerdcorps.com
Please ensure that you state the position you are applying for in the subject line of your email.
We would like to convey our sincere thanks to all those who express interest in being a part of the Nerd Corps team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings you will be contacted.