VanDev: Vancouver's Software Developers Network Message Board › Vancouver Software company seeking Web Application Developer
Founded in 1996, Faronics delivers software that helps manage, simplify, and secure multi-user computing environments. Faronics’ technology innovations benefit educational institutions, healthcare facilities, libraries, government organizations and corporations. We were recently featured on CBC! You can view a clip here.
We are lucky to have a lot of the perks of larger offices while still remaining a tight-knit group. As an employee at Faronics you would enjoy our convenient downtown location, casual work atmosphere, and all the free coffee and tea you can drink. Other perks include regular fresh fruit delivery, lots of holiday and birthday celebrations, and video games on the big screen in our games room.
Reporting to the IT Manager, you would be responsible for the overall implementation and maintenance of our web sites and applications. This means you would architect, implement, and test code, assist in the design of business workflow, troubleshoot, and coordinate development efforts with other members of our team.
• Creative personality with strong initiative
• Able to fit in with existing team and communicate with co-workers from all backgrounds
• Outstanding organization and planning skills as well as attention to detail
• Able to coordinate development efforts with a geographically disparate team
• Excellent verbal and written English skills
• A minimum of 5 years experience as a Web Application Developer
• Previous experience writing web applications, web controls, web services and windows services
• Other skills of interest are: CSS, Crystal Reports, Sales Force