MAILING LIST POLICY: Guidelines for posting to our mailing list
The mailing list is optional and if you choose to not join it you will still receive automatic event announcements and special postings (like this one) from the organizers.
1) NO JOB POSTINGS. VanDev has a broad membership and any job posting, whether seeker or employer, would be of interest to a small percentage of us at best and noise for the rest. Instead we recommend T-Net Tech Careers and the targetted forums for our other Local Software Related Groups.
2) KEEP IT PROFESSIONAL: Personal attacks of any form will not be tolerated.
3) DISCUSSION ORIENTED: We're a networking group and any topic that gets us thinking and talking is perfect for our mailing list. Let's just remember to keep it professional.
4) ANNOUNCEMENTS: Event announcements are not allowed, please ask us to add events to the calendar or use the discussion groups to announce events. (It's too much work to review events for relevance.)
5) PROMOTION: Promoting a company, product, or service (outside of personal opinion as part of a regular conversation) is not allowed. This also includes contests and giveaways for products and services.
6) MODERATED: Until our list matures or new services allow for other options we're going to moderate the postings. Unfortunately it's currently all-or-nothing so if we disable moderation we can't block any postings, even from drive-by spammers who sign up, shoot, and leave. Moderating a list means that we don't see a posting until a moderator has approved it so this slows things down significantly.
Your comments on this policy are welcome and the mailing list would be a good place to bring them up. To sign up or change your settings go to http://www.meetup.com... or click on Account at the top and then select the Membership and Communications tab.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|Resources||August 28, 2013 8:14 PM||Cliff Hammerschmidt|
|Books||August 28, 2013 8:07 PM||Cliff Hammerschmidt|
|VanDev Speakers Guide||February 24, 2010 6:59 AM||Guy Lancaster|
|Consulting and Contracting Resources||November 14, 2008 11:50 AM||Guy Lancaster|
|Vancouver Software Related Groups||February 17, 2011 9:25 PM||Guy Lancaster|
|VanDev Mailing List Policy||March 4, 2013 8:47 AM||Cliff Hammerschmidt|
|About VanDev: Vancouver's Software Developers Network||August 12, 2010 11:02 PM||Cliff Hammerschmidt|