Nov 26, 2012 · 7:00 PM
SFU Harbour Centre
Several presenters will be talking for 10-20 minutes about the virtues of their favourite Linux distribution (as there several hundred to choose from).
Which distributions will be presented is still being chosen at this time. This posting will be updated once we have a chosen list of presenters.
An example of the types of topics each distribution will discuss include:
1. Package Management - tools to install and update software, advantages
2. Repositories - how many packages are available and what types
3. User Interface - KDE, Gnome, Unity etc
4. Documentation - recommended books, websites, mailing lists
5. Architecture - available for what platforms, ie i386, amd64, sparc...
6. Release Mode - how often, point releases, updates, rolling, ports...
7. Primary Purpose - Desktop, server, advantages,
8. Target Audience - who should use it
9. Interoperability - how well does it play with Mac, Windows,
10. Other specific key features - anything else ???