addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

Vancouver Unconventional Books Message Board › Submitted for your approval:

Submitted for your approval:

Regi M.
Regwords
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 6
My deepest apologies to Esteemed Leader James. (We did our best, but often we asked WWJD?)

REGULAR MEETING OF VANCOUVER UNCONVENTIONAL BOOK CLUB
Wednesday April 18 2012
The Tipper Restaurant

Members in attendance: Jayme, Marianne, Jason, Regi, Kelly, Rapti, Barry
Discussion: " A major theme in Billy Budd seems to centre around the question of the morality of Vere's decision to execute (crucify?) Billy Budd".
Wow! With what brilliant thought, what knowledge of Literature, what...well...perspicacity did our little group approach this topic.

WE have concluded our discussion of this book-with one teeny exception. Rapti reminded us of one question remaining-and it was asked earlier by James. We will discuss this later.

NEXT BOOK FOR DISCUSSION: What a caterwauling as we fought over the choice of the next book! When the dust cleared, the chosen tome was: (drum roll please) Dubliners by James Joyce.

PROPOSED DISCUSSION FOR THURSDAY, MAY 3- the first three stories, (since they are VERY short.): "The Sisters" "An Encounter", and "Araby".

A PROPOSAL: That meetings be scheduled for, say, the first and third Thursdays of each month to allow for planning. Otherwise, a month like May, with 5 Thursdays, would entail 3 meetings, not 2, as in April.
(I don't know??? It does not bother me either way, but I think it was approved. )
More opinions?

OK James-take over now PLEASE. I guess suggest direction for next meetup?
Thanks everybody!
Regi