addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupsimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo
A former member
Post #: 33
I'm not sure how we went from discussing Last Exit to Brooklyn to parsing Teorema.

Actually, I think it was because the homoerotic violence in "Strike" kind of reminded me of Pasolini's two novels, Ragazzi di Vita and Una Vita Violenta, and his early films, Accattone and Mamma Roma, which are all set in a similar environment of bleak urban poverty and disenfranchisement and are framed with biblical allusions (and even scenes of "crucifixion").

Lyn wanted to know more about Pasolini, and James joined in on the conversation, and so we just took it from there.

Actually, I was thinking, it might be cool to read and discuss the William Weaver translation of Una Vita Violenta ("A Violent Life") with the group some time.