addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
A former member
Post #: 54
///
James M.
user 14454827
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 39
This is an astonishing passage alright :). I love the phrase "...a peace treaty between Jews and the tangible sphere..." and the repetition of the word "tangible" - for some reason it touched off a little firecracker in my brain reminding me of the Latin phrase "Noli me tangere", which I somehow know, but never understood.

Says the oracle of Wikipedia: "Noli me tangere, meaning "don't touch me" / "touch me not", is the Latin version of words spoken, according to John 20:17, by Jesus to Mary Magdalene when she recognized him after his resurrection. The original Koine Greek phrase, Μή μου ἅπτου (mē mou haptou), is better represented in translation as "cease holding on to me" or "stop clinging to me"."

I haven't worked out whether this is just a coincidental echo in my own mind, or something more, but wanted to share it anyway....

J
James M.
user 14454827
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 42
Thanks especially for the list of words/phrases rhyming with "signifier" - a real treasure.

Seriously though, loving the bubble diagram, and really loving the tapestry idea...

Great.

J

Then it seems to me that there are SIGNIFIERS that support, reinforce and unify the themes, like the bear we talked about. Some of these signs are actual images (bear/hut/trees/circles/sun/twilight) or words/ideas (like with the word, "tangible" as James pointed out).

Love how these signifiers seem to also be used in an aesthetic fashion -- repetition-- like in a graphic design, fabric pattern , architecture --- and so, one could play a game of Where is Waldo, sieve through the pages highlighting all the signifiers!

And in case if anyone is wondering, these are some words that rhyme with Signifier ( courtesy of
Merriam-Webster): balloon tire, chicken wire, like wildfire, play with fire, razor wire, retrofire, Ring of Fire, star sapphire, under fire