align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

Vancouver Knit & Crochet Crowd Message Board › The Scarf Project

The Scarf Project

Lisa (+/- S.
frogandpenguin
Group Organizer
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 51
The 2012 Special Olympics Canada Winter Games will run from February 28th to March 3, 2012, in St. Albert & Jasper.

Show your support for the athletes, their families and supporters, coaches & volunteers by participating in The Scarf Project! Your cozy scarf will be worn at the games and treasured long after they are over.

Guidelines:
- scarves should be 7 inches wide and 6 feet long. Any pattern you like.
- if you are using yarn other than acrylic, please be sure to tag your scarf in case of allergies.
- Colours:
sky blue (the colour of this text) & white If you like, add a splash of Maple Leaf Red.

----------------------

Once you complete your scarf, it can be dropped off to me (Lisa) at any meetup that we are both attending, but no later than Saturday January 21st. On Saturday January 21st I will be at the Starbucks at Canada Way & Boundary Road from 1pm until approximately 4pm - you can come by to drop off completed scarves to me at that time. Or, you can contact me to make alternate arrangements before the 21st.

When you drop off your scarf, please also bring $5 to cover mailing costs. I will then be mailing the scarves together with a note from our group in time for the receiving deadline of Feb 1 in Alberta. Any excess money collected will be donated to the Special Olympics Canada Foundation.

Any questions, please let me know. :)

Lisa