6 - 6:15 pm - Networking & Intro's
6:15 pm - Guest Speaker: Matt Collinge
Matt Collinge is a married father of 3 living in the False Creek area of Vancouver. He has 2 sons, 13 and 7, and a 10 year old daughter. Matt grew up in Port Moody, BC and for the past 10 years has been a residential real estate consultant with Royal LePage Westside.
Matt will be speaking about coaching kids' sports. Some of the questions he will be answering include:
• Why should you coach?
• What should you be looking to instill in the children you coach?
• What are your goals as a coach?
• When to "coach" and when to just let them play?
• Do you need experience in the sport to coach it?
• What are some potential issues with coaching?
6:45 pm - Q&A
7 - 7:30 pm - open discussion about topics relevant to being a "dad"
Optional: 7:30 - 8:30 pm guided functional fitness body-weight workout led by Dai Manuel