Vancouver PhoneGap Meetup Message Board › Help installing

Help installing

Andy
user 12720482
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 1
Hi,

I wanted to go to the meetup tonite. However, I'm coming from a Windows background, and got a little confused trying to install the software on my mac book. So to avoid the embarrassment of looking silly, I figured I'd try to figure out how to install Phonegap first.

I'm a little stuck on the part where I install GIT. Does anyone mind if I ask for some help at the next meeting?

Andy
Andy
user 12720482
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 2
Hi,

I wanted to go to the meetup tonite. However, I'm coming from a Windows background, and got a little confused trying to install the software on my mac book. So to avoid the embarrassment of looking silly, I figured I'd try to figure out how to install Phonegap first.

I'm a little stuck on the part where I install GIT. Does anyone mind if I ask for some help at the next meeting?

Andy

I'm following the instructions. I ran git submodule update, then "make". But "make" doesn't do anything.

PLEASE HELP!!!
Michael B.
mwbrooks
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 1
Hi Andy,

There is a wiki article that explains how to install Git. Since you are on Windows, you can use this article.

After installing Git, you need to open GitBash and change into your directory with the PhoneGap source code. You can then run git submodule init and git submodule update.

I'm unsure why you are running make. Which platform are targeting? iPhone, Palm, and Symbian use makefiles to build the installer or application. Before running make, you would need the platforms SDK installed.

In the future, you should post questions to the PhoneGap Google Group because you will get a faster and better response.

Definitely show up for the next meetup, we can always help you out there.
Michael
Andy
user 12720482
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 4
Hi Michael,

Thanks for replying. For whatever reason, the installation worked. I'd swear I had used the same steps previously without any luck.

In any case, looking forward to my first phonegap meeting!