Vancouver Photowalks Message Board › STAVE FALLS POWERHOUSE AND VISITOR CENTRE - possible new walk

STAVE FALLS POWERHOUSE AND VISITOR CENTRE - possible new walk

Jan
mustangsally289
Burnaby, BC
Post #: 49
Hi Everyone

Kelly, Tracy and I have been planning some new walks for the upcoming few weeks. One suggestion we received was to go out to Mission to tour the Stave Falls Powerhouse. I've pasted the webpage here.

http://www.bchydro.co...­

Located within the picturesque Fraser Valley, the Stave Falls Powerhouse offers a very exciting experience for all visitors, regardless of age. Walk back in time with interactive games and historic displays telling the story of how power has helped build British Columbia. Don't miss the impressive turbines and generators, which give a unique perspective on how electricity is made. Come for a self-guided tour or call ahead and arrange a guided tour.

I have checked with the Tour Guide Leader out there and we can get in at a cost of $4.00 per person for a group rate. If people are interested we can arrange a guided tour or if the majority want they can do the self-guided option. Janis said that the tour typically lasts about 2 hours. I haven't done this tour (and I work for BC Hydro) but I was told there are some interesting photo ops available. As well, if the weather is good the surrounding area has some nice hiking trails that might make for good pics.

At this time we just want to get an idea if people would be interested in doing this. It would require a bit of logistics (i.e. I think carpooling would work best) but we could do this rain or shine. There are some local restaurants nearby that we could head off to for lunch. I'm thinking of a morning (10:30 or 11:00 start at the Powerhouse) excursion. The trip out to Stave would be approx. 1 hour (maybe a bit less).

There would be no payment required upfront to attend. However, there would be a cost for those riding as passengers if we carpool. Typically $5.00/per person, per hour to cover costs of gas there and back would be appreciated.

The actual group size can be left up to us. I had in mind 20 - 25 people, but that will depend on initial interest. Again, Janis wasn't concerned about that. If the weather is really nice (and we leave this for later in the year) we could consider combining the trip with a picnic by the lake. Otherwise, if interest is high we can certainly do it in the rain as well.

So, we would appreciate some feedback as to whether we should proceed or not. Due to the fact that this requires possible carpooling we chose not to post as an event.

If you have other suggestions for possible photowalks please email them to me. I will get together with "the team" and we can start looking at write-ups and logistics.

Look forward to hearing from the group as to your thoughts on this possible walk and others.

Cheers

Jan, Kelly and Tracy
C.K. L.
C.K.Lee
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 3
That's an outstanding attraction and full of photo ops... I'd be up for it.
Julia
user 11307579
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 1
I'd definitely be interested! Unfortunately we're getting into the time of year where my weekends fill up quickly (with the added bonus of bridesmaid duty this summer...), but with enough notice I'd love to do it.
Carla J
user 8272316
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 2
I'm interested, esp. in the guided tour.
Confusion C.
user 3160827
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 253
Date dependent, but I'm in!
Gerry H.
user 26187932
Abbotsford, BC
Post #: 14
I've shot there, definitely a great location!
Paul D.
user 46592552
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 4
I'd go if it's not when I am away.
James B.
user 31121662
Vancouver, BC
I'm interested. Once out there, some folks might also be interested in visiting:
http://www.findfamily...­
where there's s some interesting architecture.

Heather
user 82108252
Vancouver, BC
I am interested.
Jeanette
user 59856822
Vancouver, BC
Yes. That does sound interesting