In our fast-paced world, complaining has got a bad rap. We instantly imagine a friend or a relative talking our ear off with the same tiresome old problem. Often though, whether for personal or business reasons, we find ourselves doing the complaining.
While being heard and understood is important, repetitive complaining can leave us helpless and defeated with little control over the situation. We end up feeling trapped and see our choices limited to either swallowing the issue, or blowing it up and risking everything. But what if there is an alternative option? What if you could express your concerns in such a way that it would make a real and lasting impact?
In this workshop you will:
- Learn how to approach complaining effectively: the right frame of mind to complain
- Understand the benefits of effective complaining on your physical and psychological health
- Explore how to structure your complaints to make a positive impact
- Gain an insight into the state of mind of a person receiving your complaint
- Learn how to talk to telemarketers and businesses to get what you want
- Explore how to take other peoples’ criticism constructively
Further, you will gain skills for taking proactive steps in creating the changes in your life that you desire. As effective complainers we feel empowered and in control of our lives. These feelings serve as buffers against stress, and prevent depression and anxiety that so often result from feeling hopeless. So come along and take charge of your life.
Please note: Many people are nervous about groups. Be assured participants need say nothing about themselves in the group–you learn vicariously through others who are willing to volunteer, and can remain an observer.
Facilitators: Katya Sivak
Fee: $15 non-refundable registration fee payable through Paypal. The fee will only be refunded if the workshop is canceled due to facilitator's illness or if less than 4 people sign up. Only 6 spots available for this workshop!
Address: 1687 West Broadway, Vancouver V6J 1X2