Vancouver Roleplayers' Collective Message Board › Quest to make like minded friends

Quest to make like minded friends

Noway J.
user 12143584
Coquitlam, BC
Post #: 20
Do you pride yourself in your social ability and prowess?
Do you have a tendency to be outgoing and do well in group social situations?
Do you find you get along just as well as strangers as you do your friends?

If you answer yes to the above you definitely have a few things in common with me. I dearly love my friends, alas I am the only one in my vast social group who loves board games and RPGs. Without tryin to come across as conceited, I pride myself in my social ability and alpha male tendencies. Yes I'm outgoing and well spoken.

Now due to my above qualities it's made my social group not necessarily compatible with my niche hobby of RPGs and board games. I really am desperate to make more "gaming friends" especially in the Coquitlam area.

I suggested a new meetup
http://www.meetup.com...­

And I think it would be really cool to try and meetup with some like minded people.

Oh and in case you were curious,

Hygiene is important to me,
I don't force my opinion on people,
I'm very open minded
And having fun and laughing is a top priority for me.

Thought I would clear that up as I find a lot of people in this hobby typically don't fall under what I have mentioned above and it's a shame.

/end wall of text
J B B.
user 17064231
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 3
Perhaps it's time our group had another purely social meetup?
Anthony
user 5799099
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 8
Sounds good, a Coquitlam based group would be a nice change! I thought the gaming was just a cover for socializing?
Anthony
Noway J.
user 12143584
Coquitlam, BC
Post #: 21
I agree about the social aspect. I'd really like to get something going!