addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo
C.K. L.
C.K.Lee
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 7
Taking a poke to see if there are any local backers of the FATE Core Kickstarter, or if anyone out there is playing FATE or a variant of (Dresden Files, SoTC, Bulldogs!)
Noway J.
user 12143584
Pitt Meadows, BC
Post #: 23
hey hey ck, yes i backed it on the kickstarter did the $10 pledge and just got the links to Fate core and Fate accelerated just the other day!

I added to my things RPG i must read including god-machine chronicle from White Wolf that i am working on getting through!!

I have yet to play a fate game but so far it seems pretty cool!!
A former member
Post #: 4
Another backer here. I've been following Fate a while, especially since working with Brad Murray et al. on Diaspora. Love the new version, very elegant & clean.
C.K. L.
C.K.Lee
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 8
Hey I too know of Brad and Diaspora, I gamed with him a few times back in the day!

One of the problems with 'Hey is anyone a fan of FATE Core' is... well, it's just the underlying system of a setting, so I suppose the next question is -

"What ideas do you have on FATE Core?"

My hands-on experience right now is limited to the Dresden Files and it lasted about half a year, but the story mechanics and elegance of FATE really excited me. Did any of the settings make you guys perk up?
C.K. L.
C.K.Lee
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 9
hey hey ck, yes i backed it on the kickstarter did the $10 pledge and just got the links to Fate core and Fate accelerated just the other day!

I added to my things RPG i must read including god-machine chronicle from White Wolf that i am working on getting through!!

I have yet to play a fate game but so far it seems pretty cool!!

Folks seem to either really love it or really hate it. The group I gamed with only really gave it a go only because it was attached to the Dresden Files license, which a lot of them are big fans of - I'm pretty sure fumbling through the learning curve as I GM'd didn't help keep the game alive :)
C.K. L.
C.K.Lee
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 10
BTW, not sure how many of you are aware of this Kickstarter:
The Ministry Initiative

From the site: What Is the Ministry Initiative?

The Ministry Initiative has two parts. The first is an anthology of thrilling steampunk stories set in the world of the Ministry of Peculiar Occurrences called Ministry Protocol. The second is a brand-new steampunk role-playing game powered by Fate Core, called The Ministry Initiative.

These are the same folks who did Bulldogs!, a sci-fi setting that is powered by FATE; it's pretty good and I've got high hopes. Check it out if steampunk & FATE sounds appealing.