Vancouver Roleplayers' Collective Message Board › FATE Accelerated one-shot

FATE Accelerated one-shot

C.K. L.
C.K.Lee
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 13
Ran a FATE Accelerated one-shot last night and it was pretty entertaining; FAE dispenses with skills and replaces them with approaches, which I found incredibly elegant. The Stunt design rules are pretty nice too. We also pulled in the mook/minion/mob rules from FATE Core and they integrated without a hitch... all in all a great intro to FATE's main concepts - Aspects, invoking them, compelling them and the conflict system.

Be interested in hearing other people's experience with FAE, FCore or any of the other mainstream FATE derivatives out there (LoA, Bulldogs!, SoF)
Emryys
user 13376426
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 53
Sounds cool!
I picked up FAE and Fate core on PDF when they were released and they sound great.

Played in a Dresden Files game run by GM Keon and was loads of fun :)
C.K. L.
C.K.Lee
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 14
Any other FATE fans out there who'd like to get into some sessions?
Noway J.
user 12143584
Coquitlam, BC
Post #: 24
Yah man I wanted to talk about using fate to run a space opera kinda game. My buddy and I really want to get into one
C.K. L.
C.K.Lee
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 15
Yah man I wanted to talk about using fate to run a space opera kinda game. My buddy and I really want to get into one
Have you looked at 'Bulldogs!'? There are some issues with it, but the official support forum talks about some of them and how to fix it (i.e. the Resources experience gain) and they've also talked about what they are using out of FATE Core. I'm also not a big fan of the unloveable Ewok-like teddy bears that populate the universe, but the races can be taken in or out as needed.

Star Blazers is interesting, Mindjammers is crazy, Diaspora is hard sci-fi and it's so minimalist it's almost clinical... all good in their own way.

But for guns blazin' space opera, I think Bulldogs is the way to go.

Let's talk about this when we meet-up on Saturday? I'd love to get in on a regular FATE thing as well.
C.K. L.
C.K.Lee
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 16
Space opera is something I'd like to try, the other thing I would REALLY like to do is pulp, steampunk and a good old fashioned fantasy.
Noway J.
user 12143584
Coquitlam, BC
Post #: 25
Yah man lets talk about that Saturday for sure. My buddy and I are 100% committed to a fate (preferably core as we like making our own worlds) space opera setting. Every other week kinda thing. My buddy says he would play the sh*t out of a robot LOL
C.K. L.
C.K.Lee
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 17
Awesome. Looking forward to it.

Yah man lets talk about that Saturday for sure. My buddy and I are 100% committed to a fate (preferably core as we like making our own worlds) space opera setting. Every other week kinda thing. My buddy says he would play the sh*t out of a robot LOL

Jeff L.
user 10453339
Winnipeg, MB
Post #: 5
new to vancouver and would love to join if that is ok
C.K. L.
C.K.Lee
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 18
new to vancouver and would love to join if that is ok
You're welcome to come on out to our get-together on Saturday eve - hope to see you there