addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

Vancouver Roleplayers' Collective Message Board › Looking for D&D Next DM (with offered perks!)

Looking for D&D Next DM (with offered perks!)

A former member
Post #: 1
Greetings!

I belong to a group of 4-6 players between the ages of 30 and 40 looking for a dungeon master who is willing to commit to one game a week. Life intervenes sometimes, and we get that, but our group comes with perks! Some standard. Some unusual. :D

1. We have a dedicated figure painter in the group.
2. We have a reliable location to play (Kitsilano/Kerrisdale area) that is near many sources of both gourmet and junk food.
3. We have a talented baker/cook in the group who spoils us rotten (and specifically takes requests from the DM to show her appreciation).
4. We have a brewer of authentic ginger beer, root beer, and other grogs in the group.
5. We have an official writer for Wizards of the Coast in the group.
6. There is always somebody willing to pick you up and/or drop you off if you don't own transportation.

This group loves to role-play and prefers story to rules. We do look up the rules afterwards (to see what we got wrong for next time), but never at the table (if we can help it). Narrative flow is everything!

If you are a DM, and it sounds like we might be a good fit in your schedule, let me know. I hope to hear from you soon.

Sarah (Gronja the Axe Maiden)
Keegan
user 141605652
Vancouver, BC
Merry happenings of the day Sarah.

I moved to Vancouver a few years ago and I am looking to rekindle my old Roleply hobby. I fit into your 30-40 demographic and was wondering if there would be a way to get to know the group, perhaps join a session or two. I am not a game master, I did try a few times but I was not the most inspired I must admit.

My only challenge is that I am a rotational worker. I work two weeks in and two weeks out, however clever writing has a way of over coming time limitations (Argath the Cast Out was a condemned god character of mine that couldn't stay dead but frequently died most horribly).

I reside close to city hall and the hostpital so it sounds like you might not be not too far away.

Let me know if there could be a spot as I really need a, "me" hobby and I very much enjoyed RPGs before I got a, "real" job.

Keegan

Greetings!

I belong to a group of 4-6 players between the ages of 30 and 40 looking for a dungeon master who is willing to commit to one game a week. Life intervenes sometimes, and we get that, but our group comes with perks! Some standard. Some unusual. :D

1. We have a dedicated figure painter in the group.
2. We have a reliable location to play (Kitsilano/Kerrisdale area) that is near many sources of both gourmet and junk food.
3. We have a talented baker/cook in the group who spoils us rotten (and specifically takes requests from the DM to show her appreciation).
4. We have a brewer of authentic ginger beer, root beer, and other grogs in the group.
5. We have an official writer for Wizards of the Coast in the group.
6. There is always somebody willing to pick you up and/or drop you off if you don't own transportation.

This group loves to role-play and prefers story to rules. We do look up the rules afterwards (to see what we got wrong for next time), but never at the table (if we can help it). Narrative flow is everything!

If you are a DM, and it sounds like we might be a good fit in your schedule, let me know. I hope to hear from you soon.

Sarah (Gronja the Axe Maiden)

A former member
Post #: 2
Hello Keegan,

I've had difficulties logging into MeetUp lately. Wonder if that has anything to do with the Heart Bleed bug? At any rate, if we start to fall short on players, I'll keep you in mind. To be honest, we really were only looking for a DM. A shortage of players doesn't seem to be our problem. :)

Sarah.
A former member
I'd be very interesting in DM'ing this group. I've DM'd various editions of Dungeons and Dragons for 13 years, 3 solid campaigns and countless shorter adventures.
I'm also interested in story driving the plot. role playing and an adventure that feels alive and real. I can easily commit to one game a week, along with the many hours of preparation before and after. I live in the downtown area, not too far from where you meet up.
Of the three campaigns I DM'd to completion -
- A 2nd edition campaign utilising official modules, that ended with a show down in Queen of the Demon Web Pits (vs. Lolth herself!) Heavy role playing, everyone created pages long backstories that evolved with each session. This group was the one that left the greatest emotional impression on me, forever altering my future (they put me onto writing fiction as a hobby). When Lolth defeated the entire group*, the adventurers therein were immortalized as hidden characters in many stories, all stories involving members of this group, ever since.
* I even meta-warned them not to fight her. But "Give me glory or give me death" was the theme by then. They lived though.
- A 3rd edition campaign I created, utilising Forgotten Realms as a backdrop and the Sword Coast as a starting point. It was an unwieldy but committed group of Chaotic Neutral min-maxer's. Rules and rules manipulation was everything for them. The scenarios they could survive, god like enemies they could slay, was jaw dropping impressive. One of the members of this group was aggrandized in plaque, by writing out a page long legalese description of his 'Wish', so in game his character actually benefited from it. (I was justly harsh with these guys, and they loved it).
- A 3.5 campaign with a group that closely resembled the lads from Acquisitions Incorporated (check them out on Youtube). Energetic, fun, very social and very very unconcerned with gaming glory. It was suppose to be a one off session with some chaps who lost their DM, but we jived so well I ended up running an ad-hoc campaign with them, inventing what would happen each week only hours in advance, for nearly 18 months.

If I'm able to find them, I can email you some of the stuff I've created for campaigns. Unfortunately most of it isn't in electronic format, and exists back in Ontario where I use to live.
As someone who writes fiction for a past time, you can guarantee a love for thick plots and bases covered.
I'm 31.
A former member
Post #: 3
I'd be very interesting in DM'ing this group. I've DM'd various editions of Dungeons and Dragons for 13 years, 3 solid campaigns and countless shorter adventures.
Hello Talmon.

As it turns out, my group picked up a new DM on the VGG boards. He's been running games for us over the past three weeks. You certainly have enthusiasm for DMing. I'll give you that.

If -- for whatever reason -- it doesn't work with our new DM, or he becomes too busy, do you mind if I check in with you again?

What's your e-mail?

Sarah.
A former member
Post #: 2
Hi Sarah,

Sure, check up anytime. My email is bigoldfrog@yahoo.ca (it's from when I was a kid, so don't ask)

Talmon