Networking: 5:45pm to 6pm (VFS)
Event start: 6pm sharp (note that doors will lock after 6pm) to 7:30pm (VFS)
Krispian recently attended the UX Strategy Conference in Atlanta, and returned with lots of great ideas and techniques to share about making UX more strategic and less tactical.
The talk will cover how to:
• Gather disparate information sources about your current user experience, and how to communicate this understanding to the larger organization in a compelling, impactful manner.
• Communicate a detailed vision for the optimal user experience you are trying to create.
• Build a shared understanding of what is "good" UX with measurements to monitor progress and successes.
• Create a roadmap of how to get from where you are today to where you want to be in future.
• Change the mindset and culture of your organization to consider UX as a strategic tool, not a tactical liability.
Krispian will also discuss how she is currently using these techniques in her own work.
Krispian Emert has 10+ years experience in all stages of UX. She has worked for organizations large and small -- as a UX team of one and within UX teams of many. Krispian has also worked in award-winning agencies and has provided strategic UX consulting for some of the world’s top brands, including Toyota, Thompson Reuters, and ING Bank. Krispian's latest gig is at BC Lotteries, where she is putting strategic UX into practice for multi-channel projects.
Krispian is keen to improve the discipline of UX in Vancouver. She co-leads the UX Design Therapy group and the Service Design Thinking Vancouver group.
On a personal note, Krispian is a prog rock nerd and is the bass player for Bacon Coma. She is also proud mom to a terrific kid.
We are going to be charging everyone $5 to attend the event. (we will run it at zero profit).
A big thank you to our location sponsor!
A huge thank you to VFS for hosting us. They have been incredible to work with and we appreciate their support!