|Sent on:||Thursday, April 26, 2012 2:46 PM|
IT MindFinders Search Consultants is conducting a search for a Director, User Experience on behalf of a client located in downtown Vancouver. Are you a highly innovative, strategic user experience practitioner and visionary? Do you think, breathe and dream UX and have the experience to lead and inspire others? Our client builds exceptional software products for some of the best known companies in the world and they want to make user centric product development a core strength of their R&D operation. Reporting to the Vice-President, Engineering, the Director of User Experience will lead and inspire a team of talented & experienced UX practitioners, product owners and technical publications specialists.
· Communicate effectively across R&D, Product Management, Sales, and Marketing groups, both verbally and visually.
· Ensure that the team understands key business goals and requirements and can translate those into effective UX and product development activities.
· Facilitate a continuous user research process, from generative user research to concept validation.
· Act as an advocate for effective UX in executive-level meetings and discussions.
· Balance organizational demands, timelines and internal milestones to determine the most appropriate methodology for design (storyboards, interaction patterns, prototypes, and other iterative artifacts).
· Select, evaluate and develop team members to provide high-value contribution to this critical development function.
· Manage projects running concurrently on multiple tracks from planning through launch.
· Bachelors degree or equivalent in relevant field (Graphic Design, Human Computer Interaction, Human Factors, Computer Science)
· 7 to 10 years of directly related work experience (in user experience, usability, or a closely related field), with 3 to 5 years in project and people management
· Demonstrated ability to grow and manage a team, with excellent coaching skills, the ability to motivate, and to mentor career growth.
· Previous experience leading multi-disciplinary teams and executing user experience designs within an iterative software development process.
· Good understanding of agile software development processes and how to effectively apply UCD practices in a production environment.
· Demonstrated expertise in interaction and visual design.
· Solid interpersonal skills, with the ability to operate and communicate effectively in a distributed team environment.
· Strong organizational, leadership, decision making, and communication skills.
Qualified applicants please submit a resume directly to Wendy Melvin – [address removed]
Direct | [masked] (TECH)
Cell | [masked]
This email message originally included an attachment.