|Sent on:||Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:38 AM|
Hello VanUE Members,
Position: Web/Graphic Designer
Job ID: GRDV154
City: Vancouver, BC
Term: Permanent Full-time
Global Relay (www.globalrelay.com) is the world leader in hosted email & IM archiving, continuity and eDiscovery innovation. We offer the fastest search, retrieval and monitoring capabilities in the world today. Our email & IM archiving and perimeter security technology provide businesses with highly secure offsite storage and backup while satisfying all compliance, privacy, security, business continuity, corporate governance, audit and litigation requirements.
Headquartered in Vancouver’s historic Gastown, Global Relay has regional offices in New York, London and Singapore providing leading Message Archiving and Compliance Service to customers world-wide. Global Relay recognizes excellence and provides our team members with endless opportunities for growth and development. We are always looking for intelligent, creative individuals who love challenges of solving real world business problems.
Global Relay is growing and we are looking for an experienced and motivated Web/Graphic Designer to join our team. Working as part of the User Experience team you will be responsible for taking wireframes and business requirements and transforming them into polished, professional visual designs for use in enterprise web applications. These are not small-scale consumer websites, but rather high-powered and high-functionality tools for use in dynamic and challenging business contexts. We are looking for designers who can help bring clarity and unity to the visual appearance of information-dense and functionality-rich user interfaces. The web/graphic designer will work as the aesthetic layer between Interaction Design/Product Management and Development.
- Create detailed, high-fidelity visual mockups based on wireframes and requirements.
- Write and maintain CSS alongside developers, to turn your designs into working web applications.
- Create specific graphic assets such as icons and images for use in our web applications
- Create designs for Web, mobile and tablet devices while maintaining a consistent aesthetic and user experience.
- Be an active member within cross-functional Agile teams throughout the design and development process.
- Apply with conviction and skill the principles of good graphic designs. Advocate and educate these principles within the company.
- 3-5 years experience doing web site design and producing design assets for use on the web
- Experience working within the enterprise world or building full-featured applications (web or otherwise) a plus.
- Portfolio of relevant design work.
- Expert Photoshop skills.
- Excellent knowledge of modern, cross-browser CSS and standards-compliant HTML
- Ability to create icons and other web images.
- Ability to create and quickly iterate on high-fidelity site mockups
- A clean and strong visual aesthetic. An understanding that good design visually prioritizes the same elements that users will prioritize.
- Ability to communicate UI ideas verbally and visually in an efficient and clear manner
- Ability to influence and educate others with perseverance on the principles of good graphic design.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task in an environment with rapidly changing responsibilities and requirements
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume in one PDF document and your portfolio as a separate file or a link to your online portfolio. Save your PDF using the following format to indicate your full name and application date e.g. John Smith (Apr[masked]); and send to [address removed]. Reference "Web/Graphic Designer_GRDV154" in subject line.
No phone call please; applicants must be eligible to work in Canada.
To learn more about us and other career opportunities, please visit http://www.globalrelay.com/about-us/careers
New York | Chicago | Vancouver | London ([masked]) | Singapore ([masked])
Global Relay Archive supports email, instant messaging, BlackBerry, Bloomberg, Thomson Reuters, Pivot, YellowJacket, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and more.