|Sent on:||Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:58 AM|
User Experience Designer
Break free from tradition and join this innovative and fast-paced environment. We are a TSX listed software company with a global customer base and partnerships with some of the biggest names in IT. Our corporate office is situated in the financial district of downtown Vancouver, BC.
Absolute® Software Corporation (TSX: ABT), specializes in software and services for the security and management of computers and mobile devices. Absolute Software is the leading provider of endpoint security and management solutions that reduce IT costs, prove regulatory compliance, respond to computer theft, and optimize productivity. The Company's Computrace, Absolute Manage and LoJack® for Laptops solutions provide theft recovery, data protection and computer lifecycle management capabilities to organizations and consumers.
We are looking for an experienced User Experience Designer for our Vancouver BC office.
The User Experience Designer will be in charge of defining our next generation User Experience for all of our web and mobile applications. You will work closely with our Product Managers, Business Analysts and customers to define a modern and engaging user experience which builds on the lessons learnt from successful consumer applications like Twitter, Facebook and Flipboard. Strong experience with social applications, mobile applications or social gaming applications are required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Translate business and functional requirements into a User Experience design Developers can understand and implement
• Define the UI Design Patterns for our web and mobile applications
• Define the visual appearance for our web and mobile applications
• Create HTML mockups and wireframes
• Collaborate with various leaders and stakeholders to define and implement a consistent, modern, easy to use User Experience for our web and mobile applications
• Perform usability reviews of the designs with various stakeholders and customers
Principal Working Relationships:
• Development & QA Leads, Technical Project Managers, and Product & Program Managers for the functional area.
• Degree in User Interface Design and Communication, or equivalent experience
Special Knowledge, Skills:
• Strong leader with can-do attitude.
• High degree of creativity and experience in interactive design
• Unwavering drive and commitment to design world class user experiences
• Strong software design experience
• Strong communication skills required, including presentation skills in front of large groups.
• Strong familiarity with Agile and other software development methodologies.
• Proven track record for designing modern web and mobile applications
Prior Experience/Previous Positions related to current position:
• 3+ years of experience as a User Experience Designer, or equivalent experience.
Other Qualifications and/or Requirements:
• Ability to actively build collaborative and respectful relationships and work through conflict constructively.
• Contribute and support team goals.
• Demonstrate dedication and passion for the work, the team, and Absolute Software.
• Execute plans, meet commitments, and be accountable.
• Be persistent and take risks; make mistakes and take steps to prevent repeated mistakes.
• Drive and support continuous and innovative improvement of products, services, and processes.
Please your resume to [address removed]
Check out our Career Opportunities! http://www.absolute.com/company/careers