|Sent on:||Tuesday, August 6, 2013 10:52 AM|
EA SPORTS is currently looking for 2 permanent UX Designers, 1 temporary (6-12 months) UX Designer and 1 permanent UX Director. They are all for the same team within our SPORTS label, here is a bit about the team:
EA Sports has it's very own internal agency. We work on creating the best web and mobile experiences for all those who use our games. The work we have primarily revolves around 2 to 4 month projects that range from CMS driven websites that aim to push the extend the games everyone loves to play to the web to mobile applications attempting to solve complex usability problems. We have a team of driven developers, designers and producers hoping to reshape EA Sports who have created a startup style environment with the experience of solid processes that prevent us from going off the chaos cliff.
Want to create products that millions of people around the world use every day? Want to direct the delivery of new features and improve existing products like easports.com and easportsfootball.com?
EA SPORTS is seeking an experienced UX Designer who is creative, detail-focused, and understands technology to help lead the UX design of numerous high profile projects. In this role you will reinforce guidelines, best practices, and standards to ensure that interface design and development meets user needs.
· At least 2 - 3 years of experience in architecting user interface design for high-volume, dynamic websites as well as experience with e-commerce design and mobile
· Undergraduate degree in Human Computer Interaction, Graphic Design, Computer Science, or Library and Information Science
· Experience with one or more design tools (e.g., Axure, OmniGraffle, Adobe Illustrator, or equivalent drawing/mapping programs)
· Strong working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and associated design tools
· Experience in designing for mobile
· Excellent design skills, production value and attention to detail
· Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique
· Understanding of common software development practices
· Executing interaction design and visual design as a part of a multi-disciplinary team
· Must be a UX champion, educator and diplomat
· Work with Producers, Art Director, and Designers to evaluate and translate research findings into actionable insights and design improvements including user personas, user scenarios, and concept models
· Support appropriate usability testing for different project phases
· Create user-centered site architecture documentation including interaction models, site navigation, information structuring, labeling, and searching systems
· Collaborate with Interface Designers to translate architecture into the look-and-feel of UI
· Work with Producers and UX Researchers to plan, conduct, and evaluate appropriate UX research methods (e.g., field observation, contextual interviewing, task analysis, usability testing, GOMS, competitive analysis, industry trends, social trends, and stakeholder interviews) to determine customer needs and define project context against heuristics.
· Support the creation of materials for user testing and performance measurement (e.g., paper prototyping, rapid prototyping techniques, electronic click-through, live system testing, etc.)
Abilities and Competencies:
· Demonstrated ability to translate user research data, business requirements, and competitive analysis findings into concrete site-building tactics
· Experience with the conceptualization and design of navigation, labeling, search, and organization systems for websites and applications. Samples of site documentation are required.
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage personal workflow against project budgets and timelines in a fast-paced, evolving environment
· Sharp, analytical, and thoughtful. Sound judgment and thoroughly thinks through problems to come up with solutions
· Simplifier but at the same time thinks big, takes smart risks, is innovative and can think out of the box
· Takes initiative, doesn't wait to be asked and plans efficiently while avoiding analysis paralysis
· Consistent effort, intense commitment, and willingness to go above and beyond when needed
· Strong team player, behaves like an owner, and ultimately focused on delivering results with high standards
The UX Director is an exciting new role at EA SPORTS that is being put in place to deliver an exceptional user experience across the next generation of all our products.
The UX Director is responsible for providing strategic leadership across multiple gaming platforms (console, web and mobile) and managing day-to-day UX engagement activities with a focus on delivering market-differentiating, high quality, highly interactive, high performance products that match or exceed customer expectations.
We believe the key pillars for a valuable user experience are convenience, social, live and personal - in addition to helping the business deliver experiences for the user that encompass that, the role will involve:
· Leading a large cross-business UX project including managing prototyping, testing and implementation across multiple product teams.
· Facilitating collaboration among UX professionals across the EA SPORTS business and ensuring a continued alignment across all parties.
· Using domain expertise and strong engagement skills to enable all product teams within the business to deliver quality UX.
· Working with strategy to reveal insights about user behavior with digital technologies.
· Responsible for defining and measuring the key UX success metrics for all products and for driving the wider business on the delivery against those metrics
· Supporting Business Management with technical direction to help engage both technical & non-technical clients & partners.
As this is a newly created role in a highly innovative group within EA SPORTS, there is potential to lead and grow.
The successful candidate will need to continue to adapt and redefine the role that user experience serves in our product offering across all platforms.
· Must have console, web and mobile gaming experience (5+ published titles, with at least 1 AAA title)
· Must be a UX champion, educator and diplomat
· Create best in class user experiences that are truly frictionless and scalable.
· Understand the vital role that cognitive psychology (science) and analytics (data) play in UX.
· Must have experience of games as a service.
User Experience Architecture
· Business requirement analysis
· User research, Persona/Scenario definition & User Journey definition
· Iterative user-centered prototyping, from lo-fi to hi-fi (i.e. from wireframes & paper prototypes, to clickable models & functioning systems)
· “Sketch” using various technological techniques to reveal insights and ideas to the team, which lead to innovative, tangible and commercially effective solutions for our clients
· Rapid Prototyping with HTML/CSS/JS, LAMP/.NET, Processing/Arduino, etc.
· Usability Metrics & Analysis
· Collaboration with Planning (user behavior), Creative (validation via prototyping), Design (usability) & Production (experience refinement)
· Adapt processes to ensure quality delivery (e.g. Agile, UCD)
· Application of Usability Heuristics throughout projects’ development
· User Testing (End-user, versus UAT)
· Assist Producers to develop, validate and execute test plans
· Work with 3rd party testing procedures
· Ensure standards compliance delivery (e.g. W3C, WCAG)
· Data quality validation (SQL)
· Technology enthusiast
· Broad experience with applied technologies
· Pragmatic problem solver
· Client friendly
· Experience working in creative environments
· Well organized
This email message originally included an attachment.