Vancouver Movie Fans Message Board › Great Movie Websites!

Great Movie Websites!

A former member
Post #: 6
Do you have a movie website you can't live without? Share it!
A former member
Post #: 7
I'm sure most of you already know about the Internet Movie Database: www.imdb.com

(But just in case)
A former member
Post #: 8
BC Theatre Movie Listings

www.mytelus.com/movies/theatres.do?prov=BC­
A former member
Post #: 20
At the risk of looking like a movie whore, here are my favourite links (which I visit daily...):

MovieWeb

JoBlo

The Movie Blog (though it's a blog, there's lots of great news posted all the time - not to mention a hilarious podcast. I suggest not listening to it in public, I was smiling like a crazy woman the first time I heard it. Too darn funny. Plus...it's Canadian.

Film Junk - much like above. Also has a great podcast (just not as funny). Also Canadian.

Movie Blogs which I enjoy:
Reel Fanatic

Luther at the Movies

and finally my own shameless plug:
MAD About Movies

and Dale has already shared the movie bible - IMDb
A former member
Post #: 17
I guess it's also pretty well known but rotten tomatoes is a very handy meta-cricket site.

I also quite like VideoETA for video release dates.

Marina's blog looks very neat, i think i will go read it now.
A former member
Post #: 22
VidoeETA is a good one. Thanks for sharing that one. I hadn't seen (or heard) of it before!

I just couldn't help myself. I had to plug my blog. Shameless. I know...smile
A former member
Post #: 72
Tribute.ca is also a good movie site where you can pick the city and find a movie by its name, city, or day it is playing. The site also includes a sypnosis of the movie, its own website, if it has one, and even movie trailers. I like to use this site so I can "preview" the trailers to see if I'd like to see that particular movie or not.
Marina
themarina
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 204
Here I go again.

My site has a new home...all on its own!htt://madaboutmovies.net­
Doug
user 4493558
Vancouver, BC
Post #: 1
IMDB.com , Internet Movie DataBase, It is a website for film industry professionals and movie fans alike. You probably already know about it, I just thought I'd echo it for those who haven't.

www.imdb.com

Another one, is the Hollywood Reporter, they carry news, gossip and rumour lists. They require a subscription for some things but you can still read articles etc.

www.hollywoodreporter.com­
A former member
Post #: 1
My go to for film news is CHUD.com which sports insightful opinions with a dash of cynacism.

And of course IMDB is a must, I go to it whenever a thought pops in my head about who, where, what, why or when. I just avoid their subpar message boards.